Abhinav Shukla is an Indian model and actor who attained stardom after appearing in the TV show Chotti Bahu – Sindoor Bin Suhagan (2008-2009) as Vikram. He gained further popularity by starring in several other programs on the small screen including Geet (2010–2011) as Dev Singh Khurana and Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (2011-2012) as Dr. Manan. He has performed in numerous films such as Roar: Tigers of the Sundarbans (2014) where he played the role of Pundit. He has also been a model and he had earned the title of “Mr. Best Potential” in the Gladrags Mr. India competition in 2004.
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
He attended Guru Nanak Public School passing out in 2000. He then went to Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Engineering and Technology in Moga, Punjab, completing his Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering degree in 2004.
- Father – Dr. K.K. Shukla (Entomologist at Punjab Agricultural University in Ludhiana)
- Mother – Radha Shukla (Teacher at Guru Nanak Public School in Sarabha Nagar in Ludhiana
- Siblings – He has a brother.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- (2015-Present) – He first met actress Rubina at a mutual friend’s house during Ganpati Visarjan in 2015. He has proclaimed to have fallen in love with her after their first meeting. Then, it all began when he posted a comment on one of her photos on social media and asked her if he could shoot her pictures. Soon after this, they started dating. He tied the knot with her on June 21, 2018, in a wedding ceremony held in Rubina’s hometown in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Beard and mustache
- Expressive eyes
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Canon.
Abhinav Shukla Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Outdoor adventure activities including mountaineering and trekking, Exercising having taken time out from his busy schedule for workouts
- Adores – His pet dog Leo
Source – ,
Abhinav Shukla Facts
- He was raised in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- In 2004, he had taken part in the technical festival conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi called Tryst-2004 and bagged an award for the “Best Design”.
- On January 4, 2014, while on a trek to a fort in the Matheran forests of Maharashtra, Abhinav had got trapped against a projection of a rock face and had eventually got rescued by a team of rock climbers. He had revealed that he had prepared himself to be mentally ready for days of survival and had even been storing his urine for an emergency. The incident never dampened his adventurous spirit.
- In 2016, he went on a 7-day trek from Chandra Taal to Bara-lacha la in Alpine style. A year before that, he had cycled from Manali to Leh on his own in only 6 days.
- On July 23, 2017, he successfully scaled the peak of Stok Kangri in pure Alpine style along with his brother, announcing his feat to mark his foray into mountaineering. He had not even taken help from guides and porters.
Featured Image by Abhinav Shukla / Instagram
Facts of Abhinav Shukla
- full nameAbhinav Shukla
- weight78 kg
- height6 ft