Adama Traoré started his soccer journey at the famous La Masia academy. However, with the senior team loaded up with top class attacking talents including , , and , he decided to try his luck somewhere else and secured a move to Aston Villa. However, he didn’t start delivering consistent performances until his 2nd season with Middlesbrough. He caught the eye of Wolves manager, Nuno Espírito Santo, who decided to make him an integral member of the team that took on promotion to Premier League head-on.
Adama Traoré honed his soccer skills at Barcelona’s famous La Masia academy which he had joined at the age of 8.
Adama Traoré is represented by Promoesport.
27, 28 – Barcelona FC
20 – Aston Villa
37 – Middlesbrough FC, Wolverhampton Wanderers
Best Known For
Being one of the most exciting players in the English top flight. After having impressed with his sizzling performances in the second division with Middlesbrough, he started leaving favorable impressions with his move to newly promoted Wolverhampton Wanderers.
First Soccer Match
In October 2013, he made his professional debut with Barcelona B against SD Ponferradina in the Segunda División championship.
In November 2013, he made his debut for Barcelona in a match against Granada CF. He was sent in as a replacement for Neymar late in the 2nd half in his side’s 4-0 win.
In August 2015, he made his debut for Aston Villa in a match against Crystal Palace.
In September 2016, Adama made his first appearance for Middlesbrough in a Premier League match against Crystal Palace. He was substituted in for Cristhian Stuani for the last 9 minutes in his side’s 1-2 home defeat.
In August 2018, he made his professional debut for Wolverhampton Wanderers in an away Premier League match against Leicester City. He played the entire 2nd half in the right wing position.
- Explosive playing style
- Decision making
- Lack of defensive work rate
Apart from spending hours on soccer training with his team, he also pays a special attention to his gym workouts. He has managed to add a significant muscle mass to his physique through his and conditioning regime, which has helped him improve his game by adding power and strength to it.
Adama Traoré Facts
- In December 2014, he scored his first goal for Barcelona as he played for the last 16 minutes in an 8-1 humiliation of SD Huesca in the Copa del Rey.
- In August 2015, Barcelona sold him to Aston Villa in a deal reported to be worth £7 million (€10 million). The Catalan club inserted a 3-year buy-back clause in the transfer contract.
- In August 2015, Adama scored his first goal for Aston Villa in the League Cup 2nd round match against Notts County. His side won the match by 5-3.
- In January 2016, he was demoted from the Aston Villa senior squad because of the repeated instances of indiscipline. At the end of the season, his side was relegated from the English top flight.
- Adama moved to Middlesbrough on a 4-year contract in August 2016. However, his debut season didn’t turn out to be a good one as he didn’t score any goal in his total 31 appearances.
- However, he turned it around in the 2nd season and managed to record 5 goals and 10 assists. In recognition of his performances, he was given Middlesbrough’s Fans Player of the Year, Players Player Of The Year, and Young Player Of The Year awards.
- In August 2018, he moved to Wolverhampton Wanderers as the club paid £18 million to acquire him from Middlesbrough. He rounded off the club’s impressive transfer activity which included signing Rui Patricio on a free transfer and secured João Moutinho by paying just £5 million to Monaco.
- In September 2018, he scored his first goal for Wolves as he scored an injury-time winning goal in his side’s 1-0 win over West Ham United.
- In February 2014, the Mali Football Federation announced that Adama and his brother have committed their international future to the African team. However, in October 2015, Adama revealed that he hadn’t made a decision on his international allegiance.
- In March 2018, he made his first appearance for Spanish Under-21s against Northern Ireland in the 2019 UEFA European Championship qualifiers. He played for 15 minutes in the 5-3 win.
- Adama Traoré doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by Adama Traore Fan Fage / Instagram
Facts of Adama Traoré Diarra
- Gender Male
- full nameAdama Traoré Diarra
- middle nameTraoré
- birthplaceL’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Catalonia
- Date of Birth January 25, 1996
- Age 26 years 6 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundBlack
- professionProfessional Soccer Player
- weight76 kg or 167.5 lbs
- height5 ft 10 in or 178 m
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorBlack
- body type / buildAthletic
- brothersMohamed Traoré Diarra