Al Roker is an American weather forecaster, journalist, television personality, actor, as well as author who rose to fame after becoming the weather anchor for NBC’s Daytime Emmy Award-winning morning television program The Today Show in 1996. He gained further popularity when he set the Guinness World Record on November 14, 2014, by announcing the live weather report uninterruptedly for 34 hours. He has appeared on several other TV shows including The Single Guy (1997) in which he portrayed the role of Dr. Benjamin, has performed as a voice-over artist for numerous programs such as the animated sitcom The Proud Family (2003-2004) where he was the voice for Faustian Al Roker and has starred in many television films like Sharknado: The 4th Awakens (2016) in which he featured as “himself”. He has also been a successful author having written a number of books including Been There, Done That: Family Wisdom for Modern Times (2016). On December 14, 2018, in an episode of Today, he was honored for 40 years at NBC with the Today Plaza being officially declared to be named as the “Rokerfeller Plaza” after him.
Albert Lincoln Roker Jr.
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
New York, United States
He went to the renowned Xavier High School in Manhattan, where he was a member of the Cartooning & Illustration Club. He then attended the State University of New York College at Oswego graduating with a B.A. in Communications in 1976.
Weather Anchor, Journalist, Television personality, Actor, Author
- Father – Albert Lincoln Roker Sr. (Bus Driver)
- Mother – Isabel Bernadette
- Siblings – He has 5 younger siblings.
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Alice Bell (1984-1994) – Following an early marriage and divorce, Roker tied the knot with WNBC producer Alice Bell on December 22, 1984. They later divorced in 1994. They together had adopted daughter Courtney as an infant in 1987.
- Deborah Roberts (1995-Present) – He married fellow journalist Deborah Roberts on September 16, 1995. They have a daughter named Leila (b. November 17, 1998) and a son named Nicholas Albert (b. July 18, 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-Bahamian descent on his father’s side of the family and of African-Jamaican descent on his mother’s side.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
- Wears spectacles that are often in bright hues
- He sports a bald head.
He has appeared in a number of commercials including the TV advertisement for Lipton’s Brisk iced tea in 2002.
Al Roker Favorite Things
- Pastime – Riding trains
- TV Show – A-Team having owned all 5 seasons of the series on DVD
- Food – Pie so much so that he has run so that he can eat it
- Candies – York Peppermint Patties, PayDay
Al Roker Facts
- He had initially wanted to be a cartoonist before he joined television.
- Al has proclaimed himself to be an animation freak having owned more than 100 original cels.
- On November 7, 2010, he took part in the ING New York City Marathon.
- Roker has revealed that he does not make plans as he knows that life is short and unpredictable, much like the weather.
- He has disclosed that he would readily give away half his possessions to find the portal to Toontown.
Featured Image by Al Roker / Instagram
Facts of Al Roker
- full nameAl Roker
- Date of Birth August 20, 1954
- Age 67 years 1 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- weight64 kg
- height5 ft 6.5 in