Alex Høgh Andersen is a Danish actor, filmmaker, and photographer, best known for his role as Ivar the Boneless in the action, adventure, drama TV series, Vikings, starting in 2016. He has also amassed a fanbase of more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Alex Høgh Andersen is represented by –
- Panorama Agency (Talent Agent) in Copenhagen, Denmark
- United Talent Agency (UTA) (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- MLC PR (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and New York City, New York, United States
- Tall height
- Defined jawline
Alex appeared in TV commercials for DISH Network between 2017 and 2018 as Ivar the Boneless.
He is also the ambassador for Red Cross Youth, UNICEF, Care Denmark, and Kræftensbekæmpelse (Fighting Cancer). Fighting Cancer is particularly close to his heart because his mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in the past.
Alex Høgh Andersen Favorite Things
- Food – Stegt Flæsk Med Persillesovs Og Kartoffler (Fried With Parsley Sauce And ), Spaghetti Bolognese, Sushi
- Movies – Her (2013), Moonlight (2016)
- Singer –
- Books – Wild Encounters by David Yarrow, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
Source – IssueMagazine.com
Alex Høgh Andersen Facts
- He was born and raised in Slagelse, Sjælland, a small town located southwest of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- He started his acting career by appearing in various musical plays but decided he’d like to pursue a career in film at the age of 17.
- His mom motivated him to start acting.
- His 1st role was in 2010 as Arthur in the theater production of the play Sword in the Stone.
- Alex was named “Upcoming TV-Star of the Year” for his role as William in the Christmas calendar show Tvillingerne og julemanden in 2013.
- To perfect his craft, Alex has learned to sing, , fence, and perform .
- He considers himself a very visual-minded person and has thus developed a burning passion for photography.
- Alex has tried his hand at creating and directing short films in the past. His dream is to become a director someday.
- He originally didn’t audition for the role of Ivar the Boneless on Vikings but one of his brothers. However, as there were around 14 other guys auditioning, all good-looking and blue-eyed, the director suggested he try for Ivar.
- Since his character was born with a brittle bone , he is constantly and has . To prepare, Alex practiced crawling and propping himself around the room for 3 weeks before the shooting started.
- When asked to describe the scent of , who played the leading role of Ragnar Lothbrok on Vikings, Alex stated: “like flowers, cigarettes, sweat, and a hint of love.”
- He described his accent in Vikings as “a Swedish accent with an Icelandic undertone and a little Finnish, but spoken in English.”
- Alex is fluent in Danish and English and familiar with German, Swedish, and Norwegian.
- As of February 2020, an actor he’d like to work with is .
- Alex does not believe heaven exists but if it did, he wishes it would have a court and a bar.
- His biggest turn-ons are talent, humor, laughter, nice smile, singing, and being good with kids.
- His biggest turn-offs are when a person is violent, self-indulgent, disrespectful, acting dumb, and doesn’t brush their teeth.
- Alex sings in the shower.
Featured Image by Alex Høgh Andersen / Instagram
Facts of Alex Høgh Andersen
- Gender Male
- full nameAlex Høgh Andersen
- middle nameHøgh
- birthplaceSlagelse, Sjælland, Denmark
- Date of Birth May 20, 1994
- Age 27 years 6 months
- Horoscope Taurus
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Emerald
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
- net worth$2 Millions
- professionActor, Photographer, Filmmaker
- weight77 kg or 170 lbs
- height5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeKøbenhavns Universitet
- motherCharlotte Hogh
- fatherThomas Andersen
- sistersAila Høgh Andersen
- favorite moviesHer (2013), Moonlight (2016)
- favorite booksWild Encounters by David Yarrow, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
- favorite foodStegt Flæsk Med Persillesovs Og Kartoffler (Fried With Parsley Sauce And ), Spaghetti Bolognese, Sushi