Ali Hassan is a Canadian comedian, writer, and actor. He is best known as the host of the radio show Laugh Out Loud on CBC Radio and SiriusXM. In 2017, he also became a moderator on the annual Canada Reads competition on CBC Radio. Ali was also a frequent guest host of CBC Radio One’s magazine arts show, Q.
Ali Hassan was born on September 10.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ali Hassan is represented by –
- The Characters Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Paquin Entertainment Group (Talent Agent) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ali Hassan has dated –
- Madiha Hassan – Ali has 2 step-daughters named Sania and Alaysha and 2 biological sons named Maaz and Aziz with Madiha. As of March 2020, Maaz also wants to become a comedian, a desire that started when he watched a 2006 comedy film Nacho Libre with .
- Wide nose
- Mole above his upper lip
Ali Hassan Favorite Things
- Cuisine He Can Teach – Mediterranean, Indian Fusion
Source – GuyMacPherson.ca
Ali Hassan Facts
- He was raised in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Ali is passionate about cooking and wanted to become a host of a cooking TV show. He became a comedian while running his catering business to build up the confidence to appear on TV.
- Ali was both a co-owner of a restaurant and a restaurant manager.
- His parents weren’t excited about his job as a chef because it’s not a respected profession in Pakistan.
- He worked as an IT consultant in Chicago, Illinois, United States in 2001, a job that was “well-paying but thankless.” On September 7, 2001, just days before the September 11 attack in 2001, he was laid off. Afterward, no one wanted to hire him due to his name.
- Ali has jokingly stated that he always argues that the expression “laughed out loud” should never be used because all laughter is out loud, by definition.
- In 2008, he was the opening act at the Amman Stand-up Comedy Festival in Amman, Jordan for Russell Peters, a well-known comedian.
- Ali moved to Toronto, Ontario, Canada, in 2011, and started appearing on the TV show George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight regularly between 2012 and 2013.
- Ali tried to make laugh while they worked in Breakaway, a Canadian sports comedy film. He failed miserably because “Rob is a consummate professional who does not laugh.”
- Anokhi Media presented him with an award for “Comedian Of The Year” in 2015.
- Ali performed his solo comedy show, Muslim Interrupted in 2016. He was nominated for “Best Breakout Artist” at the Canadian Comedy Awards soon after.
- He doesn’t practice Islam religiously and considers himself “a cultural Muslim.” This means he doesn’t visit the mosque often and eats bacon and pork.
- Ali and his wife didn’t raise their kids in a religious setting, even though they’re both Muslim. This led his daughter to ask for a bar mitzvah, typical for Judaism, at the age of 14 out of confusion.
- He once saw a one-woman show with 21 different characters titled Burq Off!, written and performed by Nadia P. Manzoor. It inspired him to start talking about his ethnicity in his
- He speaks French.
- Ali cannot build things and isn’t a diehard activist.
- If he were a woman, he would want to resemble , a Canadian actress.
- If he could have one wish granted, he’d wish for his body not to yo-yo in weight.
- He doesn’t have a .
Featured Image by Ali Hassan / Instagram
Facts of Ali Hassan
- Gender Male
- full nameAli Hassan
- birthplaceFredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Date of Birth September 10, 2020
- Age 1 years 2 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundPakistani
- professionComedian, Actor, Writer
- weight90 kg or 198.5 lbs
- height5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- collegeMcMaster University