Allan Border is a former Australian cricketer turned commentator who served as the captain of the Australian cricket team. Prior to his retirement from international cricket, Border had played a total of 156 test format matches. Besides that, he also held the record for having contributed to 153 test matches.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Allan’s name has been linked with –
- Jane Hiscox – The couple has a son named Dene Border.
- Bulbous nose
- Frontal baldness
Allan has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Sun Boost
- Revitive Circulation Booster
- XXXX Beer
Allan Border Facts
- He was brought up alongside his 3 brothers in Mosman.
- Allan’s mother worked as a corner store proprietor and his father was a wool classer.
- Growing up, he indulged in a number of games thanks to his home’s spacious backyard and Mosman Oval that was located just across the street from where he lived.
- Border somehow managed to have been playing cricket with teammates that were 2 or 3 years older than them.
- He is a left-handed batsman with a slow left-arm orthodox bowling style.
- It is said that Border developed his classy horizontal bat shots and fielding skills from the time he played with the “Mosman Baseball Club.”
- He played his first cricket match for Mosman at the age of 16 at the “Sydney Grade Cricket.” He went at 9th place to bat.
- Allan was named part of the 1972–73 Combined High Schools and was coached by former English international cricketer Barry Knight.
- He is regarded as one of Australia’s most respected batsman.
- Allan is the only Australian captain to have a 10 player test haul dismissal.
- He had previously worked with the film library of BHP.
- In his name, players are given the Allan Border medal for outstanding performance on the field.
- His nickname “Pugsley” was given to him due to his resemblance to artist Charles Addams’s fictional character creation of the “Addams Family” older son who was also named Pugsley.
- In the past, he became the first player to play 150 test matches.
- He is one of the only players to have scored 100 runs in each innings of the test format.
- In 1993, Allan’s autobiography titled Beyond Ten Thousand: My Life Story was published.
- He was inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame in the year 2000. The same year he also received the Australian Sports Medal.
- Border is considered to be the test and ODI formats most capped player.
- He was inducted into the “Queensland Sport Hall of Fame” in 2009.
- During 2018, he worked as a commentator for Fox Sports Australia.
Featured Image By Australian Embassy in India / / CC BY 3.0 AU
Facts of Allan Robert Border
- Gender Male
- full nameAllan Robert Border
- middle nameRobert
- nicknamesAB, Captain Grumpy, Pugsley
- birthplaceCremorne, New South Wales, Australia
- Date of Birth July 27, 1955
- Age 66 years 4 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- net worth$1 Million - $5 Million
- professionCommentator, Former Cricketer
- weight94 kg or 207 lbs
- height5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- high schoolNorth Sydney Boys High School
- motherSheila Border
- fatherJohn Border