Amanda Anisimova is an American professional tennis player who made heads turn when she defeated then-World No. 9 at the 2018 Indian Wells Open, at the age of just 16. She broke into the ‘Top 100’ of the WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) singles rankings in the same year, becoming the then second-youngest player in history to do so. She won her first WTA title at the age of 17 when she triumphed at the Copa Colsanitas outdoor clay-court tournament in April 2019. Amanda had her breakthrough Grand Slam performances in the first half of 2019 when she reached the 4th round of the Australian Open and then became the youngest semifinalist at the French Open since Nicole Vaidišová in 2006 when she upset the then-World No. 3 and defending champion in the quarterfinals. The latter result helped her break into the ‘Top 30’ of the world rankings for the first time.
Miami Beach, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States
She is represented by Max Eisenbud, Manager/Agent, International Management Group (IMG), New York City, New York, United States.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Long, straight hair
- Gleaming face
Amanda has served as the ambassador for sports goods manufacturing giant Nike.
She has been sponsored by –
Amanda Anisimova Favorite Things
- Tennis Tournament/Event – Australian Open
- Tennis Players/Role Models – ,
- Song – Unforgettable (2017) by
- TV Series – Grey’s Anatomy
Source – , , ,
Amanda Anisimova Facts
- Amanda’s parents were both born and raised in Moscow. They moved to the United States just before her birth to provide better coaching and training to Amanda’s older sister who was an aspiring tennis player. Amanda was born in New Jersey and the family moved to Florida a few years later.
- She was a child prodigy and her peak ranking as a junior was number 2 (2016) in the world. At the age of 14, she had participated in the 2015 Abierto Juvenil Mexicano as a rank outsider (she was not even a part of the top 300 in the rankings). However, her stocks rose dramatically after she unexpectedly won the tournament.
- She had beaten a ‘Top 150’ opponent on the pro tour before turning 15. By the time she turned 16, she had already won her first ITF (International Tennis Federation) pro circuit title.
- Amanda also triumphed at the 2017 Junior US Open and was the first American player to reach the French Open Girls’ (2016) singles tournament final in 14 years. She was a part of the United States national team that won the 2017 Junior Fed Cup.
- She made her Grand Slam debut at the 2017 French Open and was the youngest player, since Alizé Cornet in 2005, to participate in the tournament’s main draw.
- At the 2018 Indian Wells Open, she became the youngest player to reach the 4th round of the tournament since Nicole Vaidišová in 2005.
- In August 2019, she had to withdraw from the US Open after the sudden demise of her father. Despite a string of losses in the second half of the year, she had reached No. 21 in the world rankings which made her eligible for the season-ending WTA Elite Trophy but she opted out of the tournament, deciding to finish her year early.
Featured Image by si.robi / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Amanda Anisimova
- Gender Female
- full nameAmanda Anisimova
- birthplaceFreehold Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States
- Date of Birth August 31, 2001
- Age 20 years 8 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundRussian
- net worth$2 million
- professionProfessional Tennis Player
- weight65 kg or 143.5 lbs
- height5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- hair colorBlonde
- eye colorGreen
- body type / buildAthletic
- motherOlga Anisimova
- fatherKonstantin Anisimov
- sistersMaria Anisimova-Egee
- favorite tv showGrey’s Anatomy
- favorite songsUnforgettable (2017)