Amena Khan is a British model, fashion designer, social media star, and entrepreneur, best known as the founder of brands Pearl Daisy and Ardere Cosmetics. The 1st started as a collection of hijabs or headscarves worn by Muslims. It expanded to include a clothing line in 2018 when she also founded a fashion boutique under the same name. Ardere Cosmetics was directed toward women who had a darker complexion and also included a line of eyelashes called Lashionery. Amena has also amassed a large social media fanbase of more than 700k followers on Instagram and more than 500k subscribers on YouTube.
Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Amena Khan is represented by M&C Saatchi Social (Talent Agent) in London, England, United Kingdom.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amena Khan has dated –
- Osaama Khamkar (2006-Present) – In 2006, she married Osaama Khamkar, who once used to work as an administrator. She often calls him “Hubsy,” short for husband. The couple has 2 children, son Ibraheem, born on May 21, 2009, and a daughter Aleena born on March 18, 2011. Giving birth to her son took hours, while giving birth to her daughter, whom she called Leens, lasted 2 days. It was mainly due to complications due to back labor since her daughter’s face was not face down in the birth canal. In the end, she had to get a pressure point facial to set off labor. With her 2nd pregnancy, she gained 3 stones or 19 kg and only lost around 1 stone or 6.5 kg after giving birth, so the recovery process to normal weight took longer as well.
Amena Khan has endorsed brands such as –
- Desi Modestwear
- Juvederm Clinic
- Nature’s Way
- Dubai Tourism
- Al Maidah
- 23 and Me
Amena Khan Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Friends (1994-2004), Game of Thrones (2011-2019)
Source – ,
Amena Khan Facts
- Despite becoming the only hijab-wearing model to be featured in an L’Oreal haircare campaign, she had to resign after only a week. Media outlets published some of her tweets from 2014 that criticized the war in Gaza and the participation of Israel in it, calling them “child killers.”
- She often starts her videos with the phrase “As-salaamu alaikum.” It’s a greeting that can be translated to “peace be with you.”
- Amena is a 2nd generation Indian since her parents were born in India.
- She speaks Urdu, Hindi, and English.
- In her opinion, couples that cook together, stay together.
- She was addicted to a Shisha or sheesha, a type of tobacco that acted as a “mood alterer” for her. She stopped around the time she was pregnant with her son and never picked up the habit again.
- On a day that allows her to relax, Amena pampers herself with a Hopia cake and goes to get a suction cup massage.
- She started wearing a hijab and a hoojab (hooded hijab) in her 20s.
- Her daughter was a big fan of Harry Potter, so Amena decided to give her room a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) makeover to fit that theme in July 2019.
- Amena tried to learn how to play the violin in September 2019 but without a lot of success.
- She used to struggle with acne. They bothered her during her teenage years and she experienced them during pregnancy and after giving birth. Her dairy intolerance also caused her problems with acne.
Featured Image by Amena Khan / Instagram
Facts of Amena Khan
- Gender Female
- full nameAmena Khan
- birthplaceLeicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
- Date of Birth November 17, 1983
- Age 38 years 0 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundIndian , Pakistani, Afghanistani, and Bangladeshi
- net worth$1 Million - $5 Million
- professionModel, Fashion Designer, Social Media Star, Entrepreneur
- weight58 kg or 128 lbs
- height5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- fatherAju Khan
- sistersZainab Khan, Maimuna “Mai” Khan
- favorite tv showFriends (1994-2004), Game of Thrones (2011-2019)