Amy Klobuchar is an American politician, lawyer, and author who has served as the senior United States Senator from Minnesota. Moreover, she has also gained a huge social media fan base with more than a million followers on Twitter and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Amy Jean Klobuchar
Plymouth, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
Amy Klobuchar was valedictorian at Wayzata High School located in Plymouth, Minnesota. Afterward, she got enrolled at Yale University and graduated with a B.A. degree magna cum laude in Political Science in 1982.
She also attended the University of Chicago Law School and received her Juris Doctor degree in 1985.
Politician, Lawyer, Author
- Father – Jim Klobuchar (Journalist, Author, Columnist, Travel Guide)
- Mother – Rose (née Heuberger) (Teacher)
- Siblings – Beth (Younger Sister)
- Others – Michael Klobuchar (Paternal Grandfather), Michael/Mike Klobučar/Klobuchar (Paternal Great Grandfather), Barbara Brozič/Brozich (Paternal Great Grandmother), Mary Pucel (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Pucel (Paternal Great Grandfather), Rose (Paternal Great Grandmother), Martin Heuberger (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret/Margeret Wuthrich (Maternal Grandmother), John Wuthrich (Maternal Great Grandfather), Bertha Lutti (Maternal Great Grandmother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Klobuchar has dated –
- John Bessler (1993-Present) – She got married to a private practice attorney and a professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law, John Bessler, in 1993 and the duo parents a daughter named Abigail Klobuchar Bessler.
Race / Ethnicity
Amy Klobuchar is of Slovenian descent on her father’s side and has Swiss-German ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Usually sports short hair
- Wears spectacles
Amy Klobuchar Facts
- She was 15 years old when her parents divorced.
- Amy Klobuchar had a difficult relationship with her father after her parents’ divorce but things gradually became better after he quit drinking in the 1990s.
- In the year 2001, she was named “Attorney of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyer.
- She gained popularity in 2006 by becoming Minnesota’s first elected female U.S. Senator.
- Amy Klobuchar was awarded the Goodwill Policymaker Award from Goodwill Industries in 2016.
- As of December 16, 2018, she had either sponsored or co-sponsored 111 pieces of legislation that became law.
- She once said, “The Constitution does not say we the ruling party. The Constitution says We the People.”
- She is a Democrat.
- Amy Klobuchar is pro-choice on abortion, supports LGBT rights and Obamacare, and has been critical of the Iraq War.
- She has written books like Uncovering the Dome and The Senator Next Door: A Memoir from the Heartland.
- Regarding her views on immigrants, Amy Klobuchar has said, “Immigrants don’t diminish America. They are America.”
- She has also appeared on shows like The Show, Live!, and The Daily Show with .
Featured Image by United States Senate / U.S. Federal Government / Public Domain
Facts of Amy Klobuchar
- full nameAmy Klobuchar
- Date of Birth May 25, 1960
- Age 61 years 5 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- weight63 kg
- height5 ft 4 in