Angela Yee is a nationally syndicated American radio star who shot to fame hosting super-hit radio shows such as Lip Service and The Morning After. She has co-hosted The Breakfast Club on Power 105.1 with DJ Envy and which has been one of the most popular morning shows in urban radio. She has garnered more than a million followers on Instagram.
Angela Mae Yee
East Flatbush Neighborhood, Borough of Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Bedford–Stuyvesant Neighborhood, Borough of Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
She attended Wesleyan University with English as her subject and graduated in 1997.
- Father – Her father has managed the office of her uncle who is a dentist.
- Mother – Celestina Farage-Yee
- Siblings – Bryan Yee (Brother)
She is represented by New Era Booking & Management Firm.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- (2016) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
She is of Chinese and African descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
She has endorsed several brands like Miss Jessie’s.
Angela Yee Favorite Things
- Pastime – Community service
- Star –
- Dishes She Likes To Cook – Stir-fry with kale and black rice and quinoa, Tacos with fake meat
- Aspiration – To be a vegetarian
- Sunday Activity To Uplift Her Spirits – Cleaning her house
- Piece Of Advice – It is impossible to always please others. You only should do what you believe in.
Source – BKMag.com,
Angela Yee Facts
- Her mother is West Indian hailing from the Montserrat island, while, her father is Chinese.
- She has disclosed that when she was young, she had a difficult time as her paternal grandparents had not accepted her mother because she was black. It had also been hard growing up in a black neighborhood where everyone used to joke about Asian people and her father was the only Chinese person in the locality. Nevertheless, she was always good-spirited about it. She has believed that being teased in her youth actually prepared her for a career in entertainment.
- When growing up, Angela had wanted to become a writer but ended up working for TVT, MTV, Wu-Tang management, clothing lines, and event management. It has been noted that all such personality-driven occupations must have molded her into a fearless, bold, and honest voice.
- She has been the first-ever ambassador for the New York Public Library system.
- The Breakfast Club has billed itself to be the “most dangerous morning show” in the world and Angela, together with her co-hosts, is known to have been shockingly candid and to have held controversial discussions with their high-profile guests from to T.D. Jakes.
- The Breakfast Club‘s weekday show has been featured in most of the American cities including Miami, Seattle, New Orleans, Houston, and Detroit.
- She opened a juice bar named Juices for Life in Bedford–Stuyvesant in 2016 with the mission of providing her community with affordable healthy options. She has also joined her friend Akim who has owned The Bakery on Bergen and worked with him.
- Angela has affirmed that men have been nervous to even be friends with her fearing their personal matter would be discussed on her show.
Featured Image by Angela Yee / Instagram
Facts of Angela Yee
- full nameAngela Yee
- weight58 kg
- height5 ft 3 in