Anita Raj (or sometimes spelled as ‘Anita Raaj’) is an Indian actress and producer, widely recognized as one of the most prolific Bollywood actresses of the 1980s. She is best known for her roles in movies such as Prem Geet (1981) as Shikha, Zara Si Zindagi (1983) as Kusum, Zameen Aasman (1984) as Anita, and Clerk (1989) as Pooja. In 2019, she landed the role of Gulwand in the TV series Choti Sarrdaarni.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anita Raj has dated –
- Sunil Hingorani (1986-Present) – She married a director, writer, and former policeman, Sunil Hingorani, in 1986. She gave birth to their son, Shivam Hingorani on February 12, 1989, who became an assistant director and aspiring actor.
- Athletic physique
- Droopy nose
Anita Raj has endorsed brands such as Ace Blend.
Anita Raj Facts
- She was scheduled to make her acting debut in 1979 in the movie Puruskar. The movie’s director, Manik Chatterjee, passed away abruptly in 1978, and the movie was never finished.
- Anita planned on making a comeback in the 2005 film 24×7 Bombay Salon Unisex with Samir Kochhar. The movie was shelved.
- She briefly returned to the movie industry by starring in a 2008 movie Thodi Life Thoda Magic. Since not many people watched it, she decided to keep waiting for a role that would catch her attention.
- Anita decided to make a comeback to the industry with the role of Devika Singh in the movie Chaar Din Ki Chandni (2012). Other well-known older actresses that also came back around that time include , , , and .
- Her husband was arrested in June 2012 on multiple charges.
- Anita is a fitness addict and has been for a long time. She released a fitness video back in 1989 and used to follow ‘s workouts on a cassette tape.
- Anita wakes up at 5:30 A.M., does her Buddhist chanting, and then goes to the gym where she often does .
- She believes in mantras “your body is your temple, worship it.” and “you are what you eat” and never puts on holiday weight.
- The day for indulgence for her is Sunday. However, she doesn’t overeat. For example, she only allows herself to eat 2 toasts instead of one, or more biryani .
- She has a but doesn’t suffer from . Occasionally, she eats ice cream or a piece of cake strictly on Sundays.
- Actor Amal Sehrawat was ecstatic when he found out he will star alongside her in the TV series Choti Sarrdaarni in 2019 as her son. Besides being a long-time fan since he saw her in the movie Naukar Biwi Ka (1983), he couldn’t wait to see her gym workouts, because he was a fitness enthusiast as well.
- She has a golden retriever named Pablo.
- Anita finished a Mumbai Half- in February 2020. Its length was 10 miles or 16 kilometers.
- Anita suffers from bunions.
- She was greatly inspired by a fellow actor from the 1970s and 1980s, Farooque Shaikh, and was crushed when he passed away in December 2013. He also believed in the afterlife and God which brought them closer. Anita also believes that karma never leaves you.
- She is often confused with Anita Raj Kanwar, producer and wife of director Raj Kanwar.
Featured Image by Anita Raj / Instagram
Facts of Anita Raj Khurana
- Gender Female
- full nameAnita Raj Khurana
- middle nameRaj
- birthplaceMumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Date of Birth August 13, 1962
- Age 59 years 9 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- net worth$1 Million - $5 Million
- professionActress, Producer
- weight56 kg or 123.5 lbs
- height5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAthletic
- fatherJagdish Raj
- brothersBobby Raaj
- sistersRoopa Raj Malhotra