Annie Leibovitz is an American portrait photographer who is widely recognized for making dramatic, unorthodox and iconic portraits of a great variety of celebrities. In 2000, Leibovitz was among the first group of Americans to be assigned a Library of Congress Living Legend. She has compiled numerous awards and titles including the Paez Medal of Art from VAEA in 2015 and “Honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts” by the Rhode Island School of Design in 2018.
New York, United States
Girlfriend / Spouse
Annie has dated –
- Susan Sontag (1989–2004) – She had a relationship with the writer and essayist Susan Sontag from 1989 until Sontag’s demise in 2004.
- She has 3 daughters named Sarah Cameron Leibovitz (b. October 2001) and twins named Susan and Samuelle who were born to a surrogate mother in May 2005.
- Tall stature
- Wide grin
- Thin lips
- Sharp nose
- Wears spectacles
She has stated that although she is not a practicing Jew, she feels very Jewish.
Annie Leibovitz Favorite Things
- Influence Leading To Her Passion For Art – Her mother’s involvement with dance, music as well as painting
- Inspiration – Robert Frank, Henri Cartier-Bresson
Annie Leibovitz Facts
- She used to find photographing celebrities intimidating in the beginning as they always would ask her what she wanted them to do, to which she had no answer.
- Once while filming her friend, the singer-songwriter Patti Smith, for the cover of Rolling Stone, Leibovitz had wanted a line of flame in the background and so she had built the rope of fire behind her. Smith ended up getting burned as kerosene put in some barrels nearby just began shooting out.
- Her signature style has consisted of a strong collaboration between the photographer and the subject.
- One of her most famous covers is the one for the January 1981 issue of Rolling Stone that was graced by and . That was the last professional photo taken of Lennon before he was murdered later in the day.
- Leibovitz’s achievements were celebrated in the documentary movie Annie Leibovitz: Life Through a Lens (2009) that was made by her sister Barbara.
Featured Image by Franz Johann Morgenbesser / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Anna-Lou Leibovitz
- Gender Female
- full nameAnna-Lou Leibovitz
- birthplaceWaterbury, Connecticut, United States
- Date of Birth October 02, 1949
- Age 72 years 2 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundEstonian, Romanian, and Russian
- net worth$40 million
- professionPortrait photographer
- weight66 kg or 145.5 lbs
- height6 ft or 183 cm
- hair colorBlonde
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- high schoolNorthwood High School
- motherMarilyn Edith née Heit Leibovitz
- fatherSamuel Leibovitz