Anthony Hopkins is also widely known by the name of Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins. He is known for his acting skills over the years. He has even been a very popular composer, director, and film producer. He has received some exceptional achievements over the years. It was his service towards arts for which Queen Elizabeth II was awarding him. He has been a major body that has contributed a lot in this field.
Well, how well do you know about Anthony Hopkins? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Anthony Hopkins’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Anthony Hopkins to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Anthony Hopkins took birth in Margam, located in Glamorgan in the country of the United Kingdom. His mother’s name was Annie Muriel, and his father’s name was Richard Arthur Hopkins. His father was a baker, and they had to struggle a lot in his childhood, as described by him. As far as his early days were concerned, he was never interested in studies, and it was during the study time when he would indulge himself in drawing and playing the piano.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Anthony Hopkins in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Anthony Hopkins’s age is 83 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 31 December 1937. Though, he is 6′ 0″ in feet and inches and 183 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 187.3 lbs in Pound and 85kg in Kilograms.
During his early days, Anthony Hopkins was quite naughty, and to instill discipline, his parents put him in Cowbridge Grammar school located in Glamorgan. Anthony Hopkins made it very clear that he was not interested in studies during his school days in a media press conference. After considering his school days as stupid, he went on to take admission at the Royal Welsh College of Music and drama. He is a graduate of the year 1957. later on, he moved to London to pursue more about arts in the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Anthony Hopkins is someone who is always known for his dedication and passion for art. He tied his knot three times in his entire lifetime. He was first married to Petronella Barker. They stayed together for six years from 1966 and decided to part ways in the year 1972.
In the year 1973, they went on to marry Jennifer Lynton; the couple stayed with each other for a period of 29 years and finally decided to divorce in the year 2002. He again, in the year 2003, was married to Stella Arroyave. The couple has a happy and stable marital life. They even went to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary on Christmas eve of 2012.
Is Anthony Hopkins Gay?
Anthony Hopkins is not gay. He has a very stable martial life and has recently celebrated his 10th wedding anniversary.
In Swansea’s Palace Theatre, Anthony Hopkins made his debut on the stage for the first time. It was Laurence Oliver who able to identify his talent and insisted he joins the Royal National Theatre in London. Over the years, he has been known for some spectacular roles that he played.
He as acted as Charles Dickens in the viral film named The Great Inimitable Mr. Dickens. In his career, he always tried to be versatile, and in the year 1988, he went on to feature in a very successful horror film named magic. He is considered to be a theatre legend. He has been an integral part of The Minor Theatre.
Anthony Hopkins is no doubt one of the leading actors with some remarkable achievements:-
- He has been awarded with the Oscar awardfor his role in the movie The Silence of the Lambs.
- He has received around seven Golden Globe Award nominations.
- He has received 5 Prime Time Emmy Award nominations and has won 2 times out of the five nominations that he received.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Anthony Hopkins in 2021
As of 2021, The net worth of Anthony Hopkins is estimated to be around $180 Million. He is a very successful actor, who over the years, has gone on to act in various roles and was able to gain massive support from the audience in his long career.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- He is one of those personalities who has received lifetime achievement for BAFTA Fellowship.
- In the year 1993, he received a knighthood from the Queen of England. From then on, he is known as Sir Anthony Hopkins.
- It was Richard Button, a legendary 20th-century actor, who inspired him to become an actor and take classes at the College of Music and Drama situated in Cardiff.
- He spent two years at the Royal Artillery with the British Army.
- He was offered to play Alfred’s role in Batman Begins but had to turn it down because of some other project.
- In the movie The Silence of the Lambs, he only appeared on the screen for a minor 24.52 minutes.
- On this 28th birthday, he made a resolution to give up his drinking habit.
No doubt, Anthony Hopkins is a very famous actor and is known for several roles that he has played. Over the years, he has had some outstanding achievements, and it is because of his lively acting, he was always able to make a mark by his acting among the audience.
Facts of Philip Anthony Hopkins
- Gender Male
- full namePhilip Anthony Hopkins
- birthplaceMargam, United Kingdom
- Date of Birth December 31, 1937
- Age 84 years 0 months
- Horoscope Capricorn
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Topaz
- Lucky Color Brown
- Best Match for Marriage Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus
- net worth$180 Million
- weightIn Kilograms – 85 Kg, In Pounds – 187.3 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 183 cm, In Feet and Inches – 6′ 0″
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorBlack
- high schoolCowbridge Grammar school