Anton Yelchin was an American actor. He will be remembered for his many roles in films such as Delivering Milo, Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, Like Crazy, You and I, The Beaver, The Smurfs, Fright Night, Star Trek Into Darkness, Burying the Ex, Green Room, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. His parents are renowned figure skating professionals who immigrated to the United States due to oppression from former Soviet Union authorities. Anton played guitar and piano and took acting lessons at the University of Southern California. He passed away in a “freak accident” in 2016.
Anton Yelchin was born on March 11, 1989.
Anton Yelchin died aged 27 on June 19, 2016, at his home in Studio City, California, from a “freak accident” when his Jeep Grand Cherokee which was kept in neutral rolled back down his driveway and pinned him against the pillar and a security fence. He died later in the day from “blunt traumatic asphyxia” sustained from the accident.
Hollywood Forever Cemetery
Anton Yelchin studied at the Sherman Oaks Center for Enriched Studies in Tarzana, California and later took admission to study film at the University of Southern California in 2007.
- Father – Viktor Yelchin (Figure Skater, Coach)
- Mother – Irina Korina (Figure Skater, Choreographer)
- Siblings – He was the only child.
- Others – Eugene Yelchin (Uncle) (Artist, Author), Aron/Aaron/Arcady Isaac Yelchin (Paternal Grandfather) (Was Captain of the Red Army Soccer Club in 1945), Yelena Jacob (Paternal Grandmother), Grigoriy N. Korin (Maternal Grandfather)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anton Yelchin has dated –
- Alexandra Burman – Anton had a relationship with Swedish model Alexandra Burman in the past.
- Mika Boorem (1996-2001) – In 1996, Anton began dating actress Mika Boorem. They were onscreen sweethearts in Along Came a Spider (2001) and Hearts in Atlantis (2001). They split in February 2001.
- (2010) – In August 2010, Anton had an encounter with British actress Imogen Poots. Anton and Imogen were cast together in Fright Night (2011).
- Curly hair
- High cheekbones
Anton Yelchin had endorsed and appeared in a commercial for XboxOne.
Best Known For
His character as Pavel Chekov in Star Trek (2009), Star Trek Into Darkness (2013), and Star Trek Beyond (2016)
In 2000, he made his theatrical film debut in the musical comedy film A Man Is Mostly Water as Augie.
In 2011, he lent his voice for the character of Shun Kazama in the English version of the animated drama film From Up on Poppy Hill.
First TV Show
In 2000, he made his first TV show appearance on the drama series ER as Robbie Edelstein.
In 2002, he made his debut as a voice actor on the drama series Judging Amy as Davis Bishop.
Anton Yelchin Favorite Things
- Directors – Joe Dante and Jim Jarmusch
- Novel – Crime and Punishment (1866) by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Composer – Rachmaninoff
- Song – Nazi Punks
Source – LA Mag,
Anton Yelchin Facts
- When he was 6 months old, his parents immigrated to the United States from Russia.
- Growing up, was a significant influence in his life in becoming an actor.
- He took acting lessons at an early age of 8 or 9 years.
- He loved acoustic blues music.
- Anton enjoyed playing chess, reading, and could play piano and guitar.
- Even though his parents were both well-known figure skaters in the former Soviet Union, and had qualified for the Winter Olympics in 1972, the Soviet authorities banned their participation.
- In 2008, Moviefone ranked him #12 on their list of “The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25”.
- In 2009, People magazine included him in their list of “100 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- Like him, Walter Koenig, who is cast as the character Pavel Chekov after Anton in Star Wars film is of Russian Jewish descent.
- He was cast as the younger character versions of two classic science fiction films namely Pavel Chekov in Star Trek (2009) and Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation (2009).
- Many films including Star Trek Beyond (2016), Smurfs: The Lost Village (2017), We Don’t Belong Here (2017), Rememory (2017), Porto (2016), Newness (2017), and the first 2 episodes of Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia (2016) were dedicated to his memory.
- Many celebrities including , , , , , , Drake Doremus, and Jeremy Saulnier were present at the unveiling ceremony of his bronze statue erected at his grave in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in October 2017.
- The knowledge of his suffering from Cystic Fibrosis since an early age was revealed publicly only in 2017, much after his death.
- He was a massive fan of the Los Angeles Kings.
- Though his parents were great athletes, he was horrible in sports.
- As a child, he wanted to be a scientist but accidentally set their bathroom on fire.
- If he could play any character in the history of fiction, he would have played Raskolnikov from Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel Crime and Punishment (1866).
- Visit his official website @ antonyelchinfoundation.org.
- He was not active on social media.
Featured Image by GabboT / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Anton Viktorovich Yelchin
- Gender Male
- full nameAnton Viktorovich Yelchin
- middle nameViktorovich
- birthplaceSaint Petersburg, Russia
- Date of Birth March 11, 1989
- Age 34 years 6 months
- Horoscope Pisces
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Aquamarine
- Lucky Color Sea Green
- Best Match for Marriage Cancer, Scorpio
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAshkenazi Jewish
- net worth$10 million
- weight69 kg or 152 lbs
- height5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
- hair colorLight Brown
- eye colorGray
- body type / buildAthletic
- collegeUniversity of Southern California
- motherIrina Korina
- fatherViktor Yelchin