Anu Sithara is an Indian film actress and dancer who has primarily featured in movies made in the Malayalam language in Southern India. She made her theatrical film debut as a teenager in the 2013 film Pottas Bomb and her first appearance as a lead actress came with the 2016 film Happy Wedding. Over the next few years, she established herself as one of the top actresses in Mollywood (a moniker for the local film industry). Anu is also a professional classical dancer and has represented India at numerous cultural events across the world.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anu has dated –
- Vishnu Prasad (2012–Present) – Anu started dating childhood acquaintance and professional photographer Vishnu Prasad in 2012. They got married in 2015.
- Dense, straight hair; often braided
- Has a mole above her lips
- Charming smile
- Stocky frame
Anu has served as the brand ambassador for –
- RG Group of Industries
- Asianet Plus TV Channel
Anu Sithara Favorite Things
- Actor –
- Film Director – Ranjith Sankar
- Movie – Aniyathipraavu (1997)
Source – , NPTheWriter.com
Anu Sithara Facts
- Dancing was Anu’s first passion and she performed in several competitions and shows since her schooldays, winning numerous state-level competitions.
- In 2013, she made her acting debut and appeared in another film named Oru Indian Pranayakadha. She then took a break for 2 years and resumed acting in 2015, landing her first leading role in 2016. The movie did unexpectedly well, opening more avenues for her.
- After her higher education, Anu had aspired to become either a civil servant or a teacher. However, one of her mother’s friends had sent Anu’s pictures to a movie crew and she was called for the auditions. She attended the call and was selected immediately.
- Her breakthrough came with the 2017 film Ramante Eden Thottam where she played the leading role. She earned rave reviews from the audience as well as the critics and earned accolades at several prestigious film award events. Her powerful portrayal of the character Anitha in the 2018 movie Captain further established her status as one of the leading actresses in Southern India.
- She has also started a dance school named Navarasa to pass on her skills and knowledge of different dance forms to budding youngsters. She runs the school from her home and is assisted by her mother in the pursuit.
- Anu served on the jury panel of the 2017 season of the dance competition reality TV series D 4 Dance.
- Anu often acknowledges, in interviews, the support she has received from both her parents as well as her in-laws throughout her acting career. She has stated that her father, a former stage actor, was her biggest inspiration. He had always wanted to act in films but never got an opportunity in his prime and hence wanted his daughter to fulfill that ambition.
Featured Image by Anu Sithara / Instagram
Facts of Anu Sithara Pulivetti Salam
- Gender Female
- full nameAnu Sithara Pulivetti Salam
- middle nameSithara
- nicknamesJunior Kavya Madhavan
- birthplaceKalpetta, Wayanad, Kerala, India
- Date of Birth August 21, 1995
- Age 27 years 9 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- net worth$1 million
- professionActress, Dancer
- weight62 kg or 136.5 lbs
- height5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- collegeKalamandalam University
- motherRenuka Salam
- fatherAbdul Salam
- sistersAnu Sonara