Bob Geldof is popularly called Sir Bob KBE for his extraordinary charitable works. He was also a renowned Irish lead singer during his time as a songwriter, and later on, he became a political activist. He became famous as a lead singer from the rock band Boomtown Rats during 1970 and gave many massive hits like “Rat Trap,” “I Don’t Like Mondays.” He also organized a fundraiser group named Band-Aid.
Well, how well do you know about Bob Geldof? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Bob Geldof’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Bob Geldof to date.
Biography and Early Life
Geldof was born to Robert and Evelyn Geldof in Dun Laoghaire, a remote area of Ireland. Geldof’s family consisted of people from a different race, like his grandfather was of Belgian origin whereas his grandmother was of British origin. Geldof had a tough childhood.
He was just six years old when his mother passed away due to a cerebral hemorrhage. Geldof’s life was full of hardships and struggles. He worked as a slaughterman, then as a road navvy moving on to work as a music journalist at Vancouver, British Columbia, for The Georgia Straight.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Bob Geldof in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Bob Geldof’s age is 69 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 5 October 1951. Though, he is 6’2” in feet and inches and 188 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 187 lbs in Pound and 85kg in Kilograms.
Bob did his graduation from Blackrock College. Apart from this, there is information revealed by him on his school life, or about his college/university.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Bob Geldof’s first wife was Paula Yates, who was a rock journalist. The couple had their daughter named Fifi Trixibelle before getting married. Both tied their knot in 1986 and had two more daughters, Peaches and Little Pixie. In 1996 the couple got divorced. In 2015, he married French Actress Jeanne Marine.
Is Bob Geldof Gay?
Bob Geldof is not gay and is sexually inclined towards women. He is married to a beautiful actress Jeanne Marine is the father of three daughters.
He started his career in 1970 as the lead singer of the Irish Rock band named the Boomtown Rats gaining massive popularity during the punk rock movement. During 1978 the band gave their first single, which topped the U.K. charter, followed by massive attention to their second single in 1979 named “I Don’t Like Mondays.”
In 1980’ their album Mondo Bongo was also a massive success in U.S. In 1986 Bob left Boomtown Rats and started to pursue his solo musical career. His debut solo was “This Is The World Calling.” He also performed at Freddie Mercury Tribute concert in 1992 within Queen’s presence and her serving personnel at Wembley Stadium.
In 2002, he was among one of the 100 Greatest Britons. He is also engaged in active charitable works. He has performed many shows and events for a charitable fundraiser. He started a major relief fund for Africa as most African people were at risk of starvation.
Bob also recognized himself as a renowned businessman by co-owning a popular Television Production Company named Planet24. In 1999 after selling Planet 24, Bob founded a T.V. production company Named Ten Alps.
- Geldof has received many awards for his fund-raising work, including being invested by Elizabeth II as an honorary Knight Commander of the British Empire’s Order in 1986.
- 2005: received a Man of Peace Award
- 2006: awarded the Freedom of Dublin City for his humanitarian work
- Gold Badge Award [Winner] (2014)
- Golden Camera [Winner] (2006) Humanitarian Award
- Peabody Awards Personal Award [Winner] (1986)
- MTV Video Music Awards (VMA) Special Recognition Award [Winner] (1985)
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Bob Geldof in 2021
The estimated net worth of Bob Geldof is $160 million as of 2021. All his assets are from the famous singing career that he persuaded. He was very much involved with his band Band-Aid and also did music tours throughout the world.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- He is a Philanthropist who has contributed a lot towards the development of the African region.
- He lost his daughter, Peaches, who died due to a high dose of heroin.
- He has been nominated twice for Nobel Peace Prize for all his charitable works.
- He has an honorary Knighthood.
- His first wife, Yates, had a daughter with Michael Hutchence, and both died a year after her birth. Later, Geldof adopted their daughter.
- Bob has also appeared in numerous films such as “Number One (1985)”, “Spice world(1997)”, “Being Mick(2001)”, “Oh My God(2009)”.
Bob garnered several distinctions, such as an Order of the British Empire and a Man of Peace Award. He has been actively involved in the music industry and has been a successful singer throughout his journey. He has also been a successful businessman his TV Production company Ten Alps employs more than 500 employees a year. Bob played an active political role in 2016. He supported that UK should remain a member of the EU. He has also been an active Philanthropist and has raised many funds to stop the starvation problem, which was a major cause in African regions.
Facts of Robert Frederick Zenon Geldof KBE
- Gender Male
- full nameRobert Frederick Zenon Geldof KBE
- birthplaceDun Laoghaire, Ireland
- Date of Birth October 05, 1951
- Age 71 years 7 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- net worth$160 million
- professionSong writer and political activist
- weightIn Kilograms – 85 Kg, In Pounds – 187 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres –188cm, In Feet and Inches – 6’2”
- hair colorGrey
- eye colorBlue
- high schoolN/A