The well-known musician Bono or Paul David Hewson is an Irish singer, songwriter, venture capitalist, entrepreneur, and star. He is both a philanthropist and an activist. He is the lead vocalist and serves as a lyricist of rock band U2. His other name is Bono Vox and Paul David Hewson. He has also worked in a few movies, such as Across the Universe and Sing 2.
Well, how well do you know about Bono? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Bono’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Bono to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
He was born and brought up in the city of Dublin in Ireland. He was in Mount Temple Comprehensive School, and here he met the love of his life, Alison Stewart, with whom he founded the rock band U2 in 1976. Apart from being in the band, he has worked with others with his songs. He is also a well-known activist to campaign for the Product Red, and in Africa, for which he co-founded DATA, EDUN, and the ONE Campaign.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Bono in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Bono’s age is 61 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 10 May 1960. Though, he is 5′ 6″ in feet and inches and 168 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 174 lbs in Pound and 79kg in Kilograms.
Bono got into the local primary Glasnevin National School in Dublin. Later, he attended the grammar school of St. Patrick’s for a year. Mount Temple Comprehensive School was his next, after which he had left school. His father wanted him to work hard to fend for himself to pay for his stay after a year of leaving school.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Bono has a wife, Alison Hewson, who is an activist as well. They got married in the year 1982.They have four kids: Jodan, Memphis Eve, Elijah, Bob, Guggi Q and John Abraham. He is an activist mainly because of his Christian beliefs.
Is Bono Gay?
Bono’s long-lasting happy marriage with Alison is proof itself that he is straight. He is also a father to four children, which is clear proof that his sexual orientation is straight.
He and his sibling Dik and Adam Clayton began his career when he saw a board ad placed by Larry Mullen Jr., their friend, to join a rock band. But the band was not able to perform well on cover tracks. Their songs began to compose. Afterward, Dik Evans left the group, formally changing the group’s name from “the hype” to “U2.”
In 1991, Achtung Baby debuted as an album, and it changed the whole nature of the band. In addition to working in the band, Bono worked with leading musicians. He’s also known to have Jennifer Lopez’s unreleased song. Amid a pandemic, he launched a new album via Livestream to his fans, “Let Your Love Be Known.”
- In 2004, he got the Pablo Neruda International Presidential Medal of Honour rewarded by Chile’s Government. The same year, he got featured as one of the “100 Most Influential People,” which repeated itself in 2006. In the UK’s New Years Honors List, Bono was designated honorary Knight Commander of the British Empire.
- In 2008, the 32nd best singer in history was bestowed upon Bono by Rolling Stone.
- In 2013, he was the only guy in the “Most InfluentialCelebrities” of the music biz.
- In the 2007 NBC Evening News, Bono was also awarded as “one that makes a difference.”
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Bono in 2021
Bono is the world’s second-richest rockstar who is a prime member of the rock band called U2. His musical, philanthropic, and activism career has made him both famous and wealthy. As of 2021, his net worth is an approximation of $750 million.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- “Bono Vox” means “good voice” and was named by his friend Gavin Friday.
- The absence of his mother inspires all of these songs: ‘I Will Follow,’ ‘Mofo,’ ‘Out of Control,” ‘Lemon,’ ‘Tomorrow.’
- His songs are known for their beliefs in Christianity, political images, and social issues.
Bono respects the origin of his name and is confirmed, a good voice. Besides being a good voice, he is also a good person who is making a difference in the world. He has won many awards and has a beautiful career. He is a man with his own political and social voice who has done several campaigns for the well-being of the citizens.
Facts of Paul David Hewson
- Gender Male
- full namePaul David Hewson
- birthplaceDublin, Ireland
- Date of Birth May 10, 1960
- Age 61 years 5 months
- Horoscope Taurus
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Emerald
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
- net worth$750 million
- professionSinger, songwriter, philanthropist, activist, venture capitalist, businessman, actor, entrepreneur
- weightIn Kilograms – 79 Kg, In Pounds – 174 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 168 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5′ 6″
- hair colorBlue
- eye colorDark Brown
- high schoolGlasnevin national School, Mount Temple Comprehensive School