Brett Rypien is an American professional football player who began representing the Denver Broncos in the National Football League (NFL) in 2019. He had played college football for Boise State University (2015-2019) and had earned several accolades including being named MWC (Mountain West Conference) ‘Freshman of the Year’ (2015) and MWC ‘Offensive Player of the Year’ (2018). He was included in the ‘First-Team All-MWC‘ thrice (2015, 2016, 2018) and the ‘Second-Team All-MWC‘ once (2017).
Spokane, Washington, United States
He splits his time between –
- Spokane, Washington, United States
- Denver, Colorado, United States
- San Diego, California, United States
Brett had graduated, in 2014, from the Shadle Park High School in his hometown of Spokane, Washington. He had then joined the Boise State University in January 2015, represented their Boise State Broncos football program, and graduated from there in early 2019.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Tim Rypien (Former Minor League Baseball Player)
- Mother – Julie Rypien
- Siblings – Keara Rypien (Sister), Brigid Rypien (Sister)
- Others – Mark Rypien (Paternal Uncle) (Former Professional American Football Player, Super Bowl ‘MVP’ (XXVI)), Angela Sue Rypien (Cousin) (Football Player, Model), Rick Rypien (Cousin-Once-Removed) (Ice Hockey Player) (d. 2011), Chris Tormey (Maternal Uncle) (Professional American Football Coach)
4 – Denver Broncos
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brett has dated –
- Laura Buck (2016–Present) – Brett began dating interior designer Laura Buck in 2016 when they were both attending Boise State University. Laura was a member of the university soccer team then.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Polish and Czech descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Brett Rypien Facts
- He was a multi-skilled athlete during his school days and used to play both football and baseball. He had represented Shadle Park High School as a quarterback in football for all four years and had set several Washington state records including most career passing yards (13,044), most career pass completions (1,006), most single-season passing yards (4,552), most single-season passing touchdowns (50), most single-game passing yards (613), and most single-game pass completions (44).
- After his stellar performances for Boise State University, he was in line to be picked up in the latter half of the 2019 NFL Draft. However, even though most analysts had praised his accurate passing, he was not drafted as there were some concerns over his hand size and lack of arm strength. He eventually signed up with the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent.
- His father, Tim, is a native of Calgary in Canada, and in 2019, Brett too had started working to secure Canadian citizenship on jus sanguinis (a principle of nationality law by which citizenship is determined by the nationality/ethnicity of one/both parents) grounds. His attempts were aimed at gaining eligibility for participating in the 2019 CFL (Canadian Football League) Draft.
- Having been a member of the Denver Broncos since 2019, he had started his first NFL match for the team only in September 2020, against the New York Jets. He had managed to lead his team to a 37–28 win in that game, throwing 2 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, and 242 yards.
Featured Image by Brett Rypien / Instagram
Facts of Brett Rypien
- full nameBrett Rypien
- Date of Birth July 09, 1996
- Age 25 years 4 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- weight92 kg
- height6 ft 2 in