Cœur De Pirate is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and pianist who primarily records her songs in the French language and is widely regarded for popularising chanson, lyric-driven French songs, among the youth in the province of Québec in Canada.
Cœur De Pirate
Outremont, Montréal, Québec, Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Apart from her formal education, Cœur De Pirate had joined the Conservatoire de musique du Québec à Montréal when she was 9 years old and had studied there for about 5 years.
Singer, Songwriter, Pianist
- Father – Nicholas Martin (Software Designer)
- Mother – Élise Desjardins (Pianist)
- Siblings – Gabrielle Martin (Younger Sister)
- Others – Louis Martin (Paternal Grandfather) (Journalist), Hélène Filion (Paternal Grandmother), Maurice Desjardins (Maternal Grandfather), Denise Milette (Maternal Grandmother)
She is represented by –
- Judith Cossette, General Manager (Canada), S7 Productions, Montréal, Québec, Canada
- Jeff Genie, General Manager (France), Agence Gloria, Paris, France
- Justine A. Lebrun, PR Agent (Quebec), Dare to Care Records, Montréal, Québec, Canada
- Kim Juneja, PR Agent (Rest of Canada), Take Aim Media, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Gabriella Rozankovic, Publicist and Licensing Agent, Dare to Care Records, Montréal, Québec, Canada
- Sabrina Cousineau, Booking Agent (Canada), Dare to Care Records, Montréal, Québec, Canada
- Christian Bernhardt, Booking Agent (United States), United Talent Agency (UTA), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Mathieu Vincent, Booking Agent (France) 3C Shows & Tours, Bordeaux, Gironde, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Indie Pop, Folk-Pop
Vocals, Piano, Melodica
- Grosse Boîte
- Interscope Records
- Dare to Care
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Cœur De Pirate has dated –
- Alex Peyrat (2012–2016, 2017-2018) – Cœur De Pirate had married French tattoo artist Alex Peyrat on July 26, 2012. They have a daughter together named Romy Peyrat (b. September 4, 2012). On June 16, 2016, she had come out as queer in an op-ed that she had written for Vice magazine in the aftermath of the deadly mass shooting at Pulse, a gay club in Orlando, Florida. The very next day, she had filed for divorce from Alex. However, the couple had reconciled the following year and had remarried in March 2017. They had parted ways again in 2018 though.
- Laura Jane Grace (2016-2017)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of French-Canadian (including Acadian), Breton, and English descent. She also has distant Belgian (Flemish and Walloon) and Swiss-French ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair light brown.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Cryptic smile
- Radiant face
- Has both of her arms and shoulders covered in tattoos
Cœur De Pirate Facts
- Her stage name, Cœur De Pirate, translates to ‘Pirate’s Heart’ in the French language.
- A child prodigy, she had started playing the piano by the time she was 3 years old. She was inspired by her mother who was an acclaimed pianist herself.
- When she was 15 years old, she had played the keyboard for a band known as December Strikes First.
- Her self-titled debut studio album was released in September 2008 and it had featured a song titled Francis that was dedicated to her best friend who was a co-member in the aforementioned band.
Featured Image by Cœur De Pirate / Instagram
Facts of Cœur De Pirate
- full nameCœur De Pirate
- Date of Birth September 22, 1989
- Age 32 years 2 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- weight58 kg
- height5 ft 5 in