Carel Struycken is a Dutch film, television, and stage actor, writer, photographer, editor, and producer who is best known for having been cast in a variety of roles in numerous shows and films such as The Giant in Twin Peaks, Mr. Homn in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Terak in Ewoks: The Battle for Endor, and Lurch in The Addams Family, Addams Family Values, and Addams Family Reunion.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Carel Struycken is represented by Jeffrey Leavitt Agency, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Carel Struycken has dated –
- He has been married to an American woman and they parent 2 children together.
- Towering height
- Often plays non-speaking roles
Carel Struycken Facts
- His family relocated to Curaçao in the Netherlands Antilles when he was 4 years old.
- During his teen years, Carel Struycken composed several Caribbean waltzes.
- He has been diagnosed with acromegaly, a disorder that results from excess growth hormone (GH) and its symptoms include enlargement of the hands, feet, forehead, jaw, and nose.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of The Brute in the 1978 American musical comedy film, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, whose lead cast comprised of actors , The Bee Gees, Frankie Howerd, Paul Nicholas, , Aerosmith, and Alice Cooper.
- In June 1979, Carel Struycken made his debut TV show appearance in an episode titled The Birth of a Titan of the adventure show, Bigfoot and Wildboy.
- He served as a writer for the film, Go West, Young Man, and also appeared in it playing the role of Dr. Struycken in the year 1980.
- Over the years, he has appeared in a lot many other shows and movies like Star Trek: Voyager, I Woke Up Early The Day I Died, and Men in Black.
- Carel Struycken worked as an associate producer as well as an editor for the punk rock musical film, Population: 1 (1986).
- He is a and enjoys gardening in his free time.
- He takes a great interest in photography and has also maintained a website devoted to his spherical panoramas. Additionally, he shares a photography blog with Josh Korwin.
- Regarding his tall stature, Carel Struycken has said, “It was kind of tough because at that age you’re not aware of your tallness. I’m still not, really. Many times people would react to the fact that I looked different and I would think that there was something wrong with me – that maybe one of my shirt buttons was undone or something. It took 20 or 30 years to get used to it.”.
Featured Image by Miguel Discart / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Carel Struycken
- Gender Male
- full nameCarel Struycken
- birthplaceThe Hague, South Holland, Netherlands
- Date of Birth July 30, 1948
- Age 73 years 5 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- net worth$3 million
- professionActor, Writer, Editor, Producer, Photographer
- weight100 kg or 220.5 lbs
- height7 ft or 213.5 cm
- hair colorGray
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- brothersPeter Struycken