Carl Lewis is a former Afro-American track and field athlete. Carl Lewis is best known for winning nine Olympic gold medals, one Olympic silver medal, and 10 World Championships medals. International Association of Athletics Federations and Sportsman of the Century together with Olympian of the Century named Carl Lewis as the World Athlete of the Century.
Well, how well do you know about Carl Lewis? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Carl Lewis’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Carl Lewis to date.
Biography and Early Life
Fredrick Carlton, better known as Carl Lewis, was born on July 1, 1961, in Birmingham, Alabama. He was born to William Lewis and Evelyn Lewis. Carl’s mother worked as a former American Track and Field Athlete. His parents ran a local athletic club, exposing Carl Lewis to the world of athletics. Carl Lewis is of Afro-American ethnicity and American nationality. He has three siblings.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Carl Lewis in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Carl Lewis’s age is 60 years old as of today’s date 26th July 2021 having been born on 1 July 1961. Though, he is 6′ 2″ in feet and inches and 188 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 176 lbs in Pound and 80 kg in Kilograms.
Carl Lewis attended his high school education at Willingboro High School located in New Jersey; the U.S. for his higher education, Carl Lewis joined the University of Houston, Houston, Texas, where he graduated upon completing his course.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Carl Lewis is married to Maria Carl Lewis. They have one child called Bakim Lewis.
Is Carl Lewis Gay?
The sexuality of Carl Lewis is straight. He is married to Maria Carl Lewis.
At the age, Carl started his long jump shot career. He later became one of the top junior long jumpers of New Jersey.
Carl recorded a high score of 8.13m leaps in history, which later became a national record. By then, his trainer was called Tom Tellez while learning at the University of Houston.
In 1979, Carl became position five internationally after scoring well in a long jump. Two years later, Carl Lewis became the second position after recording a leap of 8.62m and the fastest sprinter in just 10 seconds.
He was the only man to defend an Olympic long jump title successfully. In 1983, Carl became position one athlete after making new records internationally.
During outdoor times, Carl Lewis jumped 14 of the 20 furthest ancillary jumps ever.
In 1999, Carl Lewis received a nomination as a Sportsman of the Century by the International Olympic Committee and Olympian of the Century by Sports Illustrated in 2000.
In 2010, Carl Lewis received an induction into the New Jersey Hall of Fame.
In 2016, Lewis received induction into the Texas Tracks and Field Coaches Association Hall of Fame.
He was the winner of the National and NCAA title in the 100m group and long jump for the University of Houston.
In 1984, Carl took part in the Olympics and became the winner of four-goal medals in history. He won alongside Jesse Qwen. He also became the winner of the long jump in 10om, 200m, and four by 100m relay race. Carl participated in three additional games: the 1988 Seoul Olympics, Barcelona Games, and Atlanta games in1996. In the three games, Carl became the winner of nine golds, not forgetting the final gold in 1996 during long jump games.
From 1985 to 1986, Carl Lewis lost Ben Johnson, where Ben won the 100m sprint. During the 1987second season of the World Championship, Carl maintained his gold medals in the 4 by 100 relay race group. During the 100m race, Carl Lewis lost it to Johnson. Johnson tested positive following drug test examination, awarding him a gold medal.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Carl Lewis in 2021
As of 2021, Carl Lewis has an estimated net worth of $18 million. His hard-earned income comes from his career as a track and field athlete. He also owns restaurants where he gets his income.
Some Interesting Facts You Need to Know
- Apart from his career as a track and field athlete, Carl Lewis has featured in films and television productions. Some of them include; Alien Hunter, Material Girls, Speed Zone, and Perfect Strangers. He made cameo appearances in films like The Weakest Link and Atomic Twister.
- In the short documentary called Challenging Impossibility, Lewis featured in the feats of strength illustrated by the late Sri Chinmoy, who worked as a spiritual teacher and a peace advocate. In 2006, Carl Lewis was featured in The Last Adam film.
- In April 2011, Carl Lewis filed for petitions to compete as one of the Democrats for New Jersey Senate during the 8thlegislative district in Burlington County. However, he did not make it to the field because he did not meet Senate candidates’ requirements. Lewis later appealed to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, where the court granted him all his wishes. However, the court later reversed its decisions, and Carl Lewis had to delete his name from the list.
- In 2018, Carl Lewis started to serve as an assistant track coach at the University of Houston.
- In 1993, Carl Lewis sang ‘The Star-Spangles Banner’ during the NBA Finals.
- During the 2019 Pan American Games news conference, Carl Lewis called out upon Donald Trump for being a racist who is misogynistic, discriminatory, and who values himself.
Carl Lewis’s outstanding talent in his profession as a track and field athlete has brought fame and success in his life. He is among the successful athletes who have contributed a lot to that area. He is a great inspiration to others who want to become successful in that field or any other related field.
Facts of Fredrick Carlton
- Gender Male
- full nameFredrick Carlton
- birthplaceBirmingham, Alabama, US.
- net worth$18 million
- professionFormer track and field athlete
- weightIn Kilograms – 80 Kg, In Pounds – 176 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 188 cm, In Feet and Inches – 6′ 2″
- hair colorGrey
- eye colorDark Brown
- high schoolWillingboro High School