Carole Cook is a veteran American actress who is widely recognized for her performance in the musical play Hello, Dolly! (1965-1966), television sitcom The Lucy Show (1963-1968), and films such as The Incredible Mr. Limpet (1964), Sixteen Candles (1984), and American Gigolo (1980).
Mildred Frances Cook
Carole Cook, Cookie
Abilene, Texas, United States
Carole attended Baylor University and graduated with a Masters’s degree in Greek Drama.
- Father – Leland Cook, Sr.
- Mother – Maudine Cook
- Siblings – Leland Cook Jr. (Brother). She has 2 other siblings.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carole has dated –
- Tom Troupe (1964-Present) – Carole got married to actor Tom Troupe on March 7, 1964. Her close friend Lucille Ball served as her maid of honor. The couple does not have any kids together and has stayed married for more than 50 years.
Race / Ethnicity
However, she dyes her hair with ‘Red’ color.
Carole Cook Favorite Things
- Plays – The Lion in Winter, Gypsy
- Roles – Dolly Levi (in Hello, Dolly!), Sophie Larson (in Grey’s Anatomy), Grandma Helen (in Sixteen Candles), Mrs. Dobrun (in American Gigolo), Eleanor (in The Lion in Winter)
Source – BroadwayWorld.com, Queer-Voices.com
Carole Cook Facts
- She was mentored by the legendary actress and comedian Lucille Ball.
- Lucille advised her to use the first name, Carole, after Ball’s dear friend Carole Lombard.
- In 2002, Carole and her husband became the first married couple to receive the Theatre Ovation Award for Career Achievement.
- When speaking about President in 2018, she casually alluded to the killing of the 45th U.S. President by mentioning John Wilkes Booth, who had assassinated Abraham Lincoln in 1865.
- She was one of the earliest advocates in the fight against AIDS and regularly performed with the Los Angeles S.T.A.G.E. benefit fundraiser to help various HIV/AIDS organizations.
Featured Image by Mason McCulley / Instagram
Facts of Carole Cook
- full nameCarole Cook
- Date of Birth January 14, 1924
- Age 97 years 10 months
- Horoscope Capricorn
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Topaz
- Lucky Color Brown
- Best Match for Marriage Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus
- weight61 kg
- height5 ft 3 in