Carolina Herrera is a Venezuelan-American fashion designer who is widely recognized for her unique personal style. She rose to fame after founding her titular label in 1980 and she has dressed various celebrities including Jacqueline Onassis and . She has been conferred numerous awards such as the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America in 2008 and the Couture Council Award for “Artistry of Fashion” in 2014.
Seventh Avenue, Garment District, New York City, New York, United States
She is represented by A6 Cinema.
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Guillermo Behrens Tello (1957-1964) – She tied the knot with the Venezuelan landowner Guillermo Behrens Tello in 1957. They got divorced in 1964. They had 2 daughters named Mercedes Behrens-Pacanins and Ana Luisa Behrens-Pacanins.
- Reinaldo Herrera Guevara – In 1968, she married Reinaldo Herrera Guevara who was the host of a Venezuelan television news program, a magazine editor and the 5th Marqués of Torre Casa. They have 2 daughters named Carolina Adriana Herrera-Pacanins (b. 1969), and Patricia Cristina Herrera-Pacanins.
- Sharp nose
Carolina Herrera Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Horse-riding, Reading
- Passion – Humanitarian work including serving as a goodwill ambassador for the Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro-Algae Spirulina Against Malnutrition (IIMSAM)
Carolina Herrera Facts
- As a child, she was always fascinated with clothing design and she enjoyed sewing clothes for her dolls.
- Her socialite grandmother used to take young Carolina to fashion shows and would buy her outfits at Lanvin and Dior, so she got introduced to the world of fashion quite early.
- In 2009, she became a naturalized citizen of America.
- She has many celebrity fans including the popular actress .
Featured Image by Christopher Peterson / / CC BY 3.0
Facts of María Carolina Josefina Pacanins y Niño
- Gender Male
- full nameMaría Carolina Josefina Pacanins y Niño
- birthplaceCaracas, Venezuela
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundVenezuelan
- net worth$130 million
- professionFashion designer
- weight59 kg or 130 lbs
- height5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeVassar College
- motherMaría Cristina Niño Passios
- fatherGuillermo Pacanins Acevedo