Carolina Marin is a Spanish professional badminton player who reigns as one of the most respected players in history after piling up an array of victories and a list of achievements in her entire professional career. She would not have been considered one of the best if not for her impressive winning records and for holding the biggest titles such as being recognized as the reigning Olympic Champion, a World Champion, European Champion, and a former World’s no. 1 in BWF rankings for the women’s singles discipline who has held the world’s no. 1 title for a record number of 66 weeks.
She self-manages herself.
- Thin Lips
- Greek Nose Type
- U-shaped Jawline
Carolina Marin Facts
- Back in her childhood, she used to be a keen Flamenco dancer. At the time, she also knew about the sports badminton through a friend who introduced her to the game. From there, her interests in the sports had grown and eventually made her give up dancing to focus more on playing badminton.
- At the age of 8, she began playing badminton at the IES La Orden in Huelva. She revealed that she had to leave her hometown and her family at such a young age to travel all the way to Madrid to train at the National Centre.
- In 2009, she became the first Spanish player to win a silver medal at the European Junior Championships. Around the same year, she also won a gold medal at the European U-17 Junior Championships. She also won her first major title at the Irish International tournament after she made it to the qualification stage and defeated Dutch player Rachel Van Cutsen in the finals with the rubber game.
- In 2011, she made history in the Spanish badminton league after she made it to the all-Spanish final at the continental European Junior Championships held in Vantaa, Finland. At the time, she was sharing the victory with her teammate Beatriz Corrales.
- Just 2 years after acquiring one of her biggest achievements in her playing career, she then became the first Spanish badminton player to win a Grand Prix Gold title in 2013 which came shortly after she won the London Grand Prix Gold. In that same year, she played for the Bangalore-based team Banga Beats in the inaugural edition of the Indian Badminton League (IBL).
- In 2015, she won the All England event which also turned out to be her first Superseries Premier title in her first Superseries Premier final where she defeated in the final round with a tally of scores 16-21, 21-14, and 21-7. The title propelled her to rank no. 4 in the world rankings and to rank no. 1 in the Superseries standing. On April 2, 2015, she peaked at a career-high of no. 2 in the world ranking.
- In 2018, she won the BWF World Championships for the 3rd time, making her the first-ever female badminton player to have achieved such victory.
Featured Image by TSportsasia / / CC-BY-SA-3.0
Facts of Carolina María Marín Martín
- Gender Female
- full nameCarolina María Marín Martín
- birthplaceHuelva, Andalusia, Spain
- Date of Birth June 15, 1993
- Age 28 years 5 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundSpanish
- net worth$2.5 million
- professionProfessional Badminton Player
- weight65 kg or 143.5 lbs
- height5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAthletic