Cathy Moriarty is a professional actress from the United States of America. Apart from being so, she is also known to be a singer. She is best known for her role in the movie named Raging Bull. She has received lots of awards and recognitions in her lifetime.
Well, how well do you know about Cathy Moriarty? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Cathy Moriarty’s net worth in 2021, her age, height, weight, boyfriend, husband, kids, biography and complete details about her life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Cathy Moriarty to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Cathy was born in the year 1960- in the Bronx, which is in New York. She was born to Catherine and John. She was one of the three children of the couple. Her father, by profession, used to work at a warehouse while her mother was a housewife.
When Cathy was 18 years old, she was influenced by her friends to participate in a bathing- beauty contest held at a bar. She eventually won the contest and then met a person named Joe Pesci, an Italian. Through Joe, she ended up getting the role of Vicki LaMotta in the movie Raging Bull.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Cathy Moriarty in 2021 and what is her height and weight? Well, Cathy Moriarty’s age is 60 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 29 November 1960. Though, she is 5′ 9″ in feet and inches and 175 cm in Centimetres tall, she weighs about 143 lbs in Pound and 65 kg in Kilograms. Her eye color is Dark Brown and hair color is Blonde.
Cathy had received her high school education from Lincoln High School. However, no such information is available regarding her college education. It is not known that whether she has graduated or not.
Personal Life: Dating, Boyfriends, Husband, Kids
In the year 1981, Cathy married Carmine D’Anna- a manager of a theater. But however, the marriage did not last, and they decided to get divorced in the year 1992. Reportedly, Carmine had sought approximately a million dollars from Cathy under the California community property laws.
Currently, Cathy has been married to Joseph Gentile from the year 1999. The couple is happily married, and they were blessed with twins. Later, they got blessed with a third child as well.
Is Cathy Moriarty Lesbian?
Cathy is currently married to Joseph Gentile from the year 1999. The couple is happily married, and they also have three kids. So, Cathy is not a lesbian.
Cathy entered the film industry through her role in the movie Raging Bull in 1980. In spite of receiving lots of appreciation while playing a role in that movie, she had struggled a lot to reach where she is now. Her next movie, named Neighbors, was not a success at all.
In the year 1985, she was cast opposite Jack Nicholson in the movie The Two Jakes. This movie was not a success again. In the year 1991, Cathy played the character of Montana Moorehead in Soapdish. She had later revealed that this movie was her personal favorite. She debuted in a drama named Wiseguy as well.
Some of the memorable roles of Cathy are-
- Forgetting Paris- where she played the character of Lois.
- Casper- which was released in the year 1995.
- Analyze That- which was released in the year 2002.
- The Bounty Hunter- where she played Irene’s character, which was released in the year 2010.
In the year 1993, she received lots of popularity when she played the character of Alison Peters in the episode of Seance- which is from a horror anthology series named Tales From The Crypt. Cathy received wide appreciation for playing a role in a short film named Tammy.
- Cathy was nominated for the NSFC Award under the category of Best Supporting Actress for her role in Raging Bull.
- Cathy was nominated for the Best Actress Award at the Jersey Shore Shorts Film Festival- for her role in the short film Tammy.
- Cathy won the CableACE Award- under the category of Best Actress In A Dramatic Series for her role in the series named Tales From The Crypt.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Cathy Moriarty in 2021
Approximately, Cathy has a net worth of $6 million as of 2021. Her more or less successful career in Hollywood- especially for Tammy and others- made her net worth increase.
It is also known and that she is a singer. However, it cannot be confirmed that whether her net worth had increased or not due to her singing skills.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- In the 1980s, Cathy was almost killed in an automobile accident that had severely harmed her back. She had revealed later that she had gone through a lot- both mentally and physically while she was in the recovery process.
Cathy had struggled a lot in her life to reach where she is now. Although she did not receive much success in her initial days, her roles in Tammy or Seance made her broadly famous. She had also revealed that she could sing well. But sadly, it does not seem like she had ever sung professionally. We hope to see more of her works in the future.
Facts of Cathy Moriarty-Gentile
- Gender Female
- full nameCathy Moriarty-Gentile
- birthplaceBronx, New York, United States
- Date of Birth November 01, 1960
- Age 61 years 9 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone
- Lucky Color
- Best Match for Marriage
- net worth$6 million
- professionActress, Singer
- weightIn Kilograms – 65 Kg, In Pounds – 143 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 175 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5′ 9″
- hair colorBlonde
- eye colorDark Brown
- high schoolLincoln High School