Char Defrancesco is a Swiss entrepreneur, model, actor, interior designer, and fashion designer, best known for his relationship and subsequent marriage to Marc Jacobs, a well-known American fashion designer. However, he was a successful name in multiple industries well before that, having been a fashion designer with his own clothing store dedicated to hip and trendy dads. Following the collapse of the economy, Char also became a model in New York City, New York, and Los Angeles, California, United States so he could pay his bills. After a painful breakup, Char decided to redesign his closet at home, and the picture he shared of the process gained traction and pushed him to start a career in interior design. He also became an entrepreneur out of his own love for fragrances and relaxation at home. At one point, Char recognized he spent more money on candles with a fragrance than on his monthly rent.
With that in mind, Char decided to make them himself out of coconut wax after some research, as a way to save money and make them exactly to his liking. He received praise from his close friends who were also designers, models, and socialites, so he decided to turn them into a business and created a candle collection named Get Lit By Char. Its 3 signature candle products – Lit, Rich, and Bae became a success and were praised by the likes of , among many others. The Lit candle, which consists of an original combination of hashish and agarwood, and Bae, made of caramelized tobacco, nuts, vanilla, and charred wood, also have a travel tin version due to Char’s own need for portability when traveling. He is also an actor and has appeared in 1 episode of the drama, mystery web series Sense8 in 2017. Char has also amassed a fanbase online with more than 150k followers on Instagram.
- New York City, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Char attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and graduated with a degree in political science.
- Tall, muscular physique
- Defined facial features
- Numerous tattoos on his body
Char Defrancesco has endorsed brands such as –
- Chanel (2017)
- Canary Yellow (2017)
- H&M (2018)
- Sephora (2018)
- Moschino (2018)
- OEUVRES NYC (2019)
- Louis Vuitton (2019)
- HIGHSNOBIETY (2019)
- HYPEBEAST (2019)
- Blood Manor Haunted House NYC (2019)
- Hello Critter Care (2019)
Best Known For
- Guest starring as Charlie in an episode of the web series Sense8 (2017) alongside his then-partner, Marc Jacobs
- Being an entrepreneur candlemaker, having founded his own brand Get Lit by Char
- Having a fanbase online with more than 150k followers on Instagram
First Web Show
Char Defrancesco made his first web show appearance as Charlie in an episode titled If All the World’s a Stage, Identity Is Nothing But a Costume of the drama-mystery series Sense8 on May 5, 2017.
Char Defrancesco Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Chipotle
- Chipotle Order – Burrito With Chicken, Corn, Spicy Salsa, And Quinoa
- Sneakers – Balenciaga Triple S, Chuck Taylors, Nike Air Jordan 1
- Animal – Dog
- Candle Scent – Lit
- Vape Flavor – Sticky Buns With A Menthol Squirt
- Earrings – Ben Baller Diamond Studs
- Watch – Rolex Presidential
- Suitcases – Rimowa x Supreme, Louis Vuitton x Supreme
- Hat Brand – DiSnapback
- Trend (In 2018) – Snapchat Filters, Chaos Phone Cases
- 3 Songs On Workout Playlist (In 2018) – Lemon – Remix by N.E.R.D. and , The Jump Off by , Forever by (feat. Moby)
- TV Show To Binge (In 2018) – Killing Eve
- Funniest Instagram Account (In 2018) – @Earlboykins
- Personal Quote – “I’ve been a few places. I’ve seen a few things. We’re all just doing the best we know how.”
Source – Instagram Bio,
Char Defrancesco Facts
- He was born in Switzerland.
- His parents owned a boarding school in Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland.
- His parents divorced when he was 3 years old, and he came to the United States to stay with his maternal side of the family who lived in California and were in the movie business.
- Growing up, Char would split his time between Los Angeles, California, and visiting his family in Switzerland for holidays.
- His 1st language is French.
- After his clothing store business failed, he was also a bartender.
- He was often called an underwear model because he always showed off his physique in tight boxers and underwear. When asked about it, Char said he had been called worse, and that his family supports him in whatever he does.
- Apparently, only his husband Marc calls him Charly.
- According to him, the vacation spot is irrelevant, as long as he is with family, friends, and dogs.
- He cannot travel without a Tibetan Ginseng Mist and Kiehl’s Cactus Flower.
- Char is creeped out by toe shoes and would never wear them.
- He has to wear big sunglasses because he has a big face.
- He doesn’t mind fanny packs on other people, but they aren’t his thing.
- According to him, a one-piece ski suit is always appropriate.
- He went skiing in the Alps in January 2017 with one of his brothers.
- Char posed for a picture with in September 2017.
- He was on an airplane alongside actress and a few friends in March 2018. They were traveling to London, England, United Kingdom, and took that time to create a short comedy skit together.
- He attended the Coachella festival in 2018 with a friend who he hasn’t seen for 5 years.
- Char has tried goat yoga in early July 2019.
- Visit his official website @ getlitbychar.com.
- Follow him on and .
Featured Image by Char Defrancesco / Instagram
Facts of Charly Defrancesco
- Gender Male
- full nameCharly Defrancesco
- Date of Birth April 04, 1981
- Age 42 years 2 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundItalian
- net worth$100,000 - $1Million
- professionModel, Actor, Entrepreneur, Fashion Designer, Interior Designer
- weight83 kg or 183 lbs
- height6 ft or 183 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildAthletic
- collegeUniversity of California
- motherSonya Hallmark
- brothersJonathan Defrancesco