Christopher Michael Pratt
Virginia, Minnesota, United States
Hollywood Hills area, Los Angeles, California, United States
Chris studied at the Lake Steven High School, Lake Stevens, Washington, from where he completed his graduation in 1997.
He then went to a local community college. But, dropped out in the middle of the first semester.
- Father – Daniel C. ‘Dan’ Pratt (Worked in mining and remodeled houses, passed away in 2014)
- Mother – Kathleen Louise ‘Kathy’ (née Indahl; Worked at Safeway Supermarket)
- Siblings – Cully Pratt (Older Brother), Angie Pratt (Older Sister), and four nephews Josh, Trevor, Tristan, and Logan.
Chris is signed with –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
101 kg or 223 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Pratt dated –
- (2004–2006) – Chris met Emily on the set of the American TV series and dated for a period of two years before they split in 2006. The couple was considered to be an odd one as both of them played on-screen brother and sister in the series. They tried to hide their relationship from the cast and crew to avoid any unnecessary controversies.
- (2007–2017) – Chris and actress Anna Faris first met on the sets of the movie Take Me Home Tonight in 2007. The couple got engaged in 2009 and they tied the knot in a luxurious wedding destination in Bali on July 9, 2009. The couple has a son named Jack (born in August 2012). They announced their separation in August 2017. By December 2017, they had filed for divorce.
- (2018-Present) – In June 2018, Chris was first seen with author Katherine Schwarzenegger. Katherine is the daughter of and broadcast journalist . Their first meeting was actually fixed by Maria (Katherine’s mom). Their engagement news was made public in January 2019 by Chris on his Instagram. In June 2019, the couple got married in California. In August 2020, the couple had their first child together, daughter Lyla Maria.
Race / Ethnicity
Pratt has English, German, Swiss-German, French Canadian and Norwegian ancestry.
- Friendly personality and fun to be around nature
- Has a habit of saying ‘dude’ all the time whether in reel or real life
- Towering height
13 (US) or 12.5 (UK) or 46 (EU)
Best Known For
He started his career in films with supporting roles in movies including Wanted (2008), Moneyball (2011), Zero Dark Thirty (2012), Delivery Man (2013), and Her (2013).
He has played the lead role in some major blockbusters including Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), in which he played Peter Quill / Star Lord and, Jurassic World (2015). He has also lent his voice to the character of Emmet Brickowski in The Lego Movie (2014).
He made his foray into films with director Rae Dawn Chong’s horror movie Cursed Part 3 (2000) that was shot in Los Angeles. It was a short film.
First TV Show
His debut in the television industry was in 2001 as Nick Owens in USA Network’s The Huntress in an episode titled “Who Are You?”
He then appeared as Harold Brighton ‘Bright’ Abbott in the WB series Everwood from 2002 to 2006.
Pratt gained popularity for his work in television series as Che Cook in The O.C. (2006 – 2007), and Andy Dwyer in the famous NBC series Parks and Recreation (2009 – 2015).
Chris has undergone a major transformation and used to weigh almost 300 lbs at one point in time. He was depressed beyond words, felt impotent and tired, all the time. He worked out rigorously with the help of a personal trainer and nutritionist to lose all the extra pounds for his 2014 film Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World (2015).
He lost over 60 lbs in 2014 with the help of the and CrossFit exercises. Chris ate a including fish, chicken and natural fat products like avocado, fresh fruits, and non-starchy vegetables. To avoid dehydration, Chris also drank a every day. He also did swimming, running, boxing and .
Chris Pratt Favorite Things
- Activities – Fishing and Hunting
- Sport – Football
- Singer – ,
- Football Team – Seattle Seahawks
- Book – Chris loved when he was a kid
- Comic Hero – Peter Quill / Star-Lord
- Movie – Jurassic Park
Source – , ,
Chris Pratt Facts
- Chris grew up in a small town where there were 7,000 people. Due to financial problems, his family which consisted of mom, dad, and his 2 siblings, had to eat from a food bank sometimes.
- Before becoming an actor, Chris used to work at Bubba Gumps Restaurant in Hawaii, where he met director Rae Dawn Chong.
- Chris learned German while in school and is fluent in the language.
- He used to strip at a club in Hawaii in his teenage days when he lived in a van.
- Chris is good friends with .
- He won the ‘CinemaCon Award for Breakthrough Performer’ for Guardians of the Galaxy in March 2014.
- Chris won the Guy of the Year Award at the Spike TV’s Guys Choice Awards held at Sony Studios, Culver City on June 6, 2015.
- Chris lost a record 60 pounds for playing the role as Peter Quill / Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- In 2014, Pratt got second place on the Sexiest Men Alive list by People’s Magazine.
- In 2020, Twitterati called Chris Pratt as the ‘Worst Chris’ in Hollywood after a viral meme asked which Chris was the worst.
Facts of Chris Pratt
- full nameChris Pratt
- Date of Birth June 21, 1979
- Age 43 years 11 months
- Horoscope Cancer
- Lucky Number 8
- Lucky Stone Moonstone
- Lucky Color Silver
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio
- weight101 kg
- height6 ft 2 in