Chris Stuckmann is an American film critic, author, filmmaker, actor, and social media star. He is best known for his YouTube channel of the same name, which has amassed a fanbase of more than 2 million subscribers.
Akron, Ohio, United States
Chris Stuckmann self-represents his career.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Stuckmann has dated –
- Sam Liz (2014-Present) – On September 20, 2014, he married the actress, social media star, and director, Sam Liz.
Chris Stuckmann Favorite Things
- Movies – The Thing (1982), Signs (2002), Jaws (1975), Collateral (2004), Se7en (1995), Drive (2011), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), The Matrix (1999)
- Horror Movie – The Shining (1980)
- Guilty Pleasure Movies – The Wicker Man (1973), Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)
- Filmmakers – M. Night Shyamalan, , ,
- Actor –
- Video Game Boss – Steven Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (2013)
- YouTube Channel – Red Letter Media
Source – , , ,
Chris Stuckmann Facts
- Movies that piqued his interest in cinematography growing up were Back to the Future (1985), The Princess Bride (1987), and Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977).
- Chris started writing brief reviews at the age of 14.
- His earliest inspiration among professional film critics was Roger Ebert who co-hosted different movie review TV programs between 1986 and 2008.
- Watching the horror movie Signs (2002) inspired him to become a filmmaker.
- Chris wrote and directed short films and homemade movies with his family and friends during high school. He created his 1st YouTube channel to share them with a wider audience.
- He published his 1st movie review on his YouTube channel titled Quick Movie Reviews, which was of a Japanese movie named Ponyo (2008).
- Chris is a Tomatometer-approved film critic on Rotten Tomatoes, a website that collects ratings for various media releases such as movies, TV shows, and web series.
- He is a member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association (BFCA).
- Chris saw a large boost in subscribers when he posted a video review of the movie Dragonball Evolution (2009) which became his least favorite movie. A website that protested the movie embedded his video on their front page, thus drawing the traffic to his channel.
- Chris considers the moment he gained credibility happened when he posted an early but unfavorable review of the movie The Last Airbender (2010). Viewers didn’t believe his statements until they watched it themselves and appreciated his brutal honesty.
- In 2016, he published his debut book titled The Film Buff’s Bucket List: The 50 Movies of the 2000s to See Before You Die. He revised it on February 13, 2018.
- On April 15, 2018, he published his 2nd book, Anime Impact: The Movies and Shows that Changed the World of Japanese Animation. His contributor was Ernest Cline, the author of the book Ready Player One (2011) which included a plethora of Japanese comic, anime, and pop culture references.
- He can perform some of ‘s dance routines perfectly, despite not being a professional .
- If Chris rates a movie A+ (maximum grade) an angelic choir sound is played.
- His outro catchphrase is “Thanks for watching and if you liked this video, you can click right here and get Stuckmannized!” One of his fans came up with the “get Stuckmannized!” part.
- His “secret” is that he goes to advanced screenings in theaters because he knows studio executives or gets an invite.
- Since in most cases he is not invited to the screening as part of a media group, Chris is not obligated to post a review at a certain day or time and can upload a review earlier than professional film critics.
- A movie Chris wouldn’t want to watch ever again but cannot disagree is excellent is A Clockwork Orange (1971).
Featured Image by Chris Stuckmann / Instagram
Facts of Christopher Stuckmann
- Gender Male
- full nameChristopher Stuckmann
- birthplaceBoston Heights, Ohio, United States
- Date of Birth April 15, 1988
- Age 33 years 7 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- net worth$1.8 Million
- professionFilm Critic, Social Media Star, Filmmaker, Author, Actor
- weight87 kg or 192 lbs
- height6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- favorite moviesThe Thing (1982), Signs (2002), Jaws (1975), Collateral (2004), Se7en (1995), Drive (2011), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), The Matrix (1999)