Christopher Lee was a British actor, singer, and author who with a career spanning 7 decades, was widely recognized for playing the roles of villains and became famous for his performance as Count Dracula in a sequence of Hammer Horror movies. He appeared in numerous other films like The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) where he portrayed the part of Francisco Scaramanga and in several TV shows including Shaka Zulu (1986) where he played the character of Lord Bathurst. He is the recipient of several awards and was knighted for his services to drama and charity in 2009. Christopher was also known for his singing ability and he had recorded a number of opera and musical pieces between 1986 and 1998, and the symphonic metal album titled Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross in 2010 that received critical acclaim and was conferred the “Spirit of Metal” award at that year’s Metal Hammer Golden Gods ceremony.
Christopher Frank Carandini Lee
Christopher Lee was born on May 27, 1922.
He died at the age of 93 on June 7, 2015, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in Chelsea in London after being admitted for respiratory trouble and heart failure.
Chelsea, London, England, United Kingdom
Belgravia, London, England, United Kingdom
When he was 9 years old, he was sent to Summer Fields School, which was a preparatory school in Oxford whose pupils later went to the boarding school for boys named Eton College in the parish of Eton. He then enrolled in Wellington College, where he studied Ancient Greek and Latin and won scholarships in the classics.
Actor, Singer, Author
- Father – Lieutenant Colonel Geoffrey Trollope Lee
- Mother – Contessa Estelle Marie
Symphonic Metal, Power Metal
6 ft 4.5 in or 194 cm
75kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Gitte Lee (1961-2015) – He tied the knot with Danish painter and model Birgit “Gitte” Krøncke on March 17, 1961. They had a daughter named Christina.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of English and Italian descent.
Dark Brown that turned white with advancing age
- Expressive eyes
- Sharp features
- Towering frame
- Beard and mustache in his later years
Christopher Lee Favorite Things
- Musical Band – The Italian symphonic power metal band Rhapsody
- Passion – Playing golf
Christopher Lee Facts
- Before gaining stardom, he had made his acting debut in a school production of Rumpelstiltskin.
- During World War II, he served in the Royal Air Force and also in British Intelligence.
- Lee was one of the few actors who played 3 different Sherlock Holmes characters that were Sherlock Holmes, Mycroft Holmes as well as Sir Henry Baskerville.
- He was well known for his deeply melodic basso voice. Along with frequently playing imposing, terrifying villains, he often also played characters representing the upper class.
- In the past, he entered into the Guinness Book of World Records as one of the tallest leading actors.
- In the British gothic horror movie Horror of Dracula (1958), he had to drop a woman into a grave in the title role. However, she was unexpectedly heavy and when he carried her and attempted to drop her into the grave, he also fell in with her.
- Lee was fluent in French and could understand questions and give long replies in that language in press conferences.
Featured Image by Burtonist / Instagram
Facts of Christopher Lee
- full nameChristopher Lee
- Date of Birth May 27, 1922
- Age 101 years 0 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- weight75 kg
- height6 ft 4.5 in