Claude Kelly is an American singer, songwriter, and music producer who has been nominated multiple times for a Grammy Award and has written or co-written songs for globally popular musical artists/groups such as , , , , and . He is one half of the R&B duo Louis York and is the co-founder of the independent record label and artist collective named Weirdo Workshop.
Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee, United States
Pop, R&B, Soul, Dance, Country
- Weirdo Workshop
- RED Music
- Affable smile
- Mildly stocky frame
- Often sports a thick beard
- Gleaming face
Claude Kelly Facts
- Claude’s first major musical influence was his mother who introduced him to varied styles of music such as jazz, reggae, blues, and R&B.
- During his teenage years, he used to sing with the New York Boys Choir. Post his graduation from Berklee, he first worked as a session singer before writing his own songs.
- One of his very first songs, titled You’re Taking It, was placed in a CD compilation for the Japanese clothing line A Bathing Ape.
- Claude was the co-writer, with , of the song titled Hold My Hand. It was initially meant to be sung by but Akon loved the song so much that he recorded it as a duet with Michael Jackson in 2008. The song was eventually released in 2010, in Jackson’s posthumous album, Michael.
- He was nominated for a Grammy Award for 3 years in succession, from 2011 to 2013, in the category ‘Best R&B Song’.
- He was the vocal producer for the US version of reality TV series, The X Factor in 2011 and 2012.
Featured Image by Claude Kelly / Instagram
Facts of Claude Kelly
- Gender Male
- full nameClaude Kelly
- nicknamesStudio Beast
- birthplaceNew York City, New York, United States
- Date of Birth December 28, 1980
- Age 40 years 11 months
- Horoscope Capricorn
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Topaz
- Lucky Color Brown
- Best Match for Marriage Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAfrican-Jamaican
- net worth$1 Million - $5 Million
- professionSinger, Songwriter, Music Producer
- weight72 kg or 158.5 lbs
- height5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeprestigious Berklee College of Music