Claudia Fragapane is a British artistic gymnast who rose to fame after she became the first English woman to win 4 gold medals at the 2014 Commonwealth Games after the year 1930. With the array of awards and remarkable achievements she has in her records, she is no doubt one of the most successful artistic gymnasts to represent her country Great Britain.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
She went to St. Bernadette Catholic Secondary School.
She self-manages herself.
4 ft 7 in or 140 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Claudia Fragapane has dated –
- OJ Rawlings
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British descent.
- Plump Lips
- Long Lashes
Claudia Fragapane Facts
- She started gymnastics at the age of 6.
- In 2014, while competing at the British national championships, she finished 2nd on vault with a score of 14.000, 5th on floor exercise with 13.000, and 3rd on uneven bars with a score of 13.950. She was later selected to compete at the European Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Championships held in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- At the European Championships, she was a contributor to Britain’s silver-medal performance in the team competition. On the side note, as an independent participant, she qualified for the vault and floor exercise finals during which she finished 6th and 8th for each with scores of 14.333 for vault and 14.133 for floor exercise.
- Following multiple winning streaks at the 2014 Commonwealth Games where the team won gold, Fragapane advanced into the all-around final with a score of 56.740 which turned out to be a point and a half higher to second-place qualifier Ellie Black of Canada.
- In October 2015, she was part of the winning gymnastics team that won Great Britain’s first-ever team medal at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
- Fragapane had a winning season in 2016 after winning the all-around title and 3 event titles at the English Championships in Loughborough. These wins were then followed by another victory after she won the all-around title at the British Championships with her best score of 58.10 which turned out to be the highest all-around score made of any British woman for the 2012-2016 Olympic Cycle.
- In July 2016, she was named in Great Britain’s women’s gymnastics team for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro alongside Becky Downie, Ellie Downie, Ruby Harrold, and .
- She qualified in 4th for the floor final at the 2017 Artistic Gymnastics World Championships in which she scored 13.933 before winning bronze in the final, which turned out to be her first-ever individual medal in the championships events. This victory made her Great Britain’s 2nd world championship medalist behind Beth Tweddle.
- In 2018, her season was cut short due to an Achilles injury.
- On March 19, 2019, she was named to the team to compete at the 2019 European Championships as a replacement to Kelly Simm who had to withdraw after she broke her foot. At the event, she competed alongside Downie, , and Amelie Morgan. In the qualification round, she finished 1st on floor exercise and advanced to the final where she finished 5th.
- In the 2016 edition of the mega-popular reality TV competition show Strictly Come Dancing, she was among the participants alongside her dance floor partner . Although they managed to make it to the semi-finals, the pair got eliminated on December 11, 2016, finishing only at 4th place overall. At that time, she was only 18 years old and was the 2nd youngest celebrity to participate.
Featured Image by Pierre-Yves Beaudouin / / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Claudia Fragapane
- full nameClaudia Fragapane
- Date of Birth October 24, 1997
- Age 24 years 1 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- weight45 kg
- height4 ft 7 in