Colin Luther Powell is a United States politician, diplomat, and four-star general on retirement. He was the first-ever African-American minister of state to serve as a statesman in the United States by breaking all the barriers and stereotypes. Mr. Colin was also a professional soldier for thirty-five years. He was Commander of the U.S. Armed Forces in 1989.
Well, how well do you know about Colin Powell? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Colin Powell’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Colin Powell to date.
Table of Contents
Biography and Early Life
Collin Powell was born on 5 April 1937 in Harlem, New York City to Luther Theophilus Powell and Maud Arial. He was brought up in South Bronx along with his sister Marilyn Berns. His parents immigrated from Jamaica to the US. His parents belonged to both of mixed African and Scottish ancestry. Along with studies in school, he worked at a local baby furniture store and also served as a Shabbos goy.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Colin Powell in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Colin Powell’s age is 84 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 5 April 1937. Though, he is 6′ 1″ in feet and inches and 187 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 185 lbs in Pound and 84kg in Kilograms.
Collin Powell went to Morris High School and did his schooling from there. He went to the City College of New York. He did his undergraduate in Geology there. He later did MBA from George Washington University in the year 1971.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Mr. Powell got married to Alma Johnson in the year on 25 August 1962. He is blessed with three children. His son, Michael Powell, was president of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the tenure of 2001 and 2005. He has two daughters, namely Linda Powell and Annemarie Powell. Linda Powell is a successful actress.
Is Colin Powell Gay?
No, Colin Powell is definitely not gay as we know of now. He is married to a woman. He is blessed with three children with her too. This is no way proves that he is gay, and therefore, his sexual orientation is believed to be straight.
Mr. Powell has served as the 65th Secretary of State under the leadership of George W. Bush, from 2001 to 2005. He was the first-ever African-American who has served this high position of Secretary of the State by breaking lots of stereotypes and barriers through his hard work. Prior to that, he served as President of the Joint Staff. He has also served as the National Security Advisor from the year 1987 to 1989.
Powell as a professional soldier has worked for the US Army for thirty-five years. He has worked in the army in several different positions throughout his tenure. He achieved the rank of General in the army because of his tremendous work in the field. He joined the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) when he was still in his college life and served the army in the Vietnam War. He was the captain of the troop, which fought against the South Vietnamese Army (ARVN).
Mr. Powell has received numerous awards throughout his career as a general and a politician of the United States. Some of his achievements and honors are listed below:
- In 1988, Powell was awarded the Golden Plate Award by the Academy of Accomplishments.
- In 1991, he received President George H. W. Bush’s Presidential Medal of Liberty.
- In 1991, Powell received the NAAC Spingarn Medal.
- In 2014, he was nominated to the High Point University National Advisory Board.
- He has received so many medals and badges in his career of being a soldier.
- He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1993 by then-president Bill Clinton.
- He was also named in the list of the National Board of Advisors for High Point University.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Colin Powell in 2021
Mr. Powell, over the years, has gained huge success being a soldier, diplomat, and a states person by profession. This is the reason his net worth ranges so high to $50 Million as of 2021. He, over the years, has gained a huge reputation for being the first African – American to hold such a high position, and that has definitely helped him a lot by adding on more value to his net worth.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- His hobby was restoring old Volvo and Saab cars.
- In 2013, he was questioned about his relationship with a Romanian diplomat.
- He changed his name’s pronunciation, and consequently, his name rings different from his parents.
- His parents were Jamaican immigrants.
- He is the first-ever African-American Secretary of State.
- It was in the year 1986 when he was assigned to the US Fifth Corps. The training of the troop was held in Frankfurt, Germany.
Colin Powell is a successful soldier, diplomat as well as a statesperson. He is the perfect epitome of success. He had broken the barriers by being the first-ever African-American to become the statesperson of the US. He is an inspiration to millions of children out there who wants to serve their country and do the honorable job of a politician.
Facts of Colin Luther Powell
- Gender Male
- full nameColin Luther Powell
- birthplaceHarlem, New York, United States
- Date of Birth April 05, 1937
- Age 84 years 9 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- net worth$50 Million
- professionPolitician, diplomat and retired four-star general
- weightIn Kilograms – 84 kg, In Pounds – 185 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 187 cm, In Feet and Inches – 6′ 1″
- hair colorGrey
- eye colorBlack
- high schoolMorris High School