Being a multi-talented personality, including culinary skills, singer, rapper, record producer, Artis Leon Ivey Jr. is known for his songs in the stage name of Coolio. The best period of his career was in the 1990s’. He has not ever looked back again after that and has continued to win hearts to this date.
Well, how well do you know about Coolio? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Coolio’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Coolio to date.
Biography and Early Life
Born to parents named Artis Leon Ivey Sr. and Jackie Slater, Coolio spent his childhood in Compton, California. He has one brother. While his father was a carpenter, his mother used to be a factory worker. He had been disturbed in a few stages of his life due to negative addictions but fought back with the help of a rehabilitation centre and revived his life.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Coolio in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Coolio’s age is 58 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 1 August 1963. Though, he is 5′ 8″ in feet and inches and 172 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 176.37 lbs in Pound and 80kg in Kilograms.
Coolio was a hard-working and studious student in his time. Nevertheless, he had an inexpressibly great interest in rapping. In his elementary school, he joined a gang in the name of Baby Crips and had a bad image. Once he completed high school, he joined Compton Community College, where he took the pseudo name of Coolio Iglesias.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Coolio’s personal life is not a smooth road; rather, it is a bumpy drive full of ditches and humps. Romantically, Coolio has been involved with many and has children from different mothers. He has a record of punching his girlfriend and was charged for the same. Recently, he is more worried about his balding scalp rather than his children’s future.
Is Coolio gay?
No, Coolio is not gay and has seven children from several relationships. The relationships are so fast and short that no boy actually has been able to keep a good track of it. There are rumours of several ladies being in a relationship with Coolio, although their names have never been released to the public besides only 3 or 4 of them.
The first single of Coolio was released in the year 1987, while his debut solo album was released to the public in the year 1994. This was in collaboration with Tommy Boy Records. Soon Coolio got many songs and raps on the top-selling and most popular lists. In the year 1995, Coolio sand for the movie Dangerous Minds. Coolio took part in a talent show with a German name whose English translation will be Comeback: The Big Chance.
Coolio got the 2nd runner’s up place here. He then was featured in several other reality shows. Several movies are graced with Coolio’s cameo, such as in An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn, The Nanny, Judgement Day, Belly, Submerged, and The Convent, Get over it, Charmed, Three days to Vegas, Black Jesus, etc. and many more. Some of his outstanding releases are:- The return of the gangsta, nobody’s foolio, my soul, etc.
Some of the following awards are not the first award but maybe second or third.
– Coolio has won the American Music Awards as a favorite rap or hip hop artist once while he was nominated two times for the same.
– He has also won the Grammy Award for best solo rap performance once, too, while he had been nominated six times for it under varied sections.
– He has won the MTV VMA award thrice as the best rap video, the best video from a film and best dance video while the nomination numbers up to 6 times in total under different sections.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Coolio in 2021
Coolio has been in the music world since the decade of 1990 and is still very much active as a rapper. It is not a big deal that he has accumulated a net worth of $600 thousand as of 2021. This net worth is an outcome of his popularity owing to his rap and musical skills.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
– He was very addicted to crack.
– He is also a book addict.
– During the study period in his college, Coolio has also served as a fire-fighter voluntarily.
– He has a tattoo reading Juggalo Cool.
– Coolio had several legal issues, one including the punching of his girlfriend, while one more was when he was arrested at the Los Angeles International Airport. This was because he and his bodyguards tried to sneak in a loaded arm through the security check.
Coolio is a good rapper and also works for Asthma patients and his black friends. But as a human, he has been rather despised as being not a good father to his kids owing to his addiction habits, legal matters, etc. Nevertheless, Coolio still charms his fans with the amazing voice he has been gifted with by God.
Facts of Artis Leon Ivey Jr.
- Gender Male
- full nameArtis Leon Ivey Jr.
- birthplaceCompton, California, U.S.
- Date of Birth August 01, 1963
- Age 60 years 4 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 10
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- religionBelieves in God but no particular religion
- net worth$600 thousand
- professionRapper and musician
- weightIn Kilograms – 80 kg, In Pounds – 176.37 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 172 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5′ 8″
- hair colorDark brown
- eye colorDark brown
- high schoolN/A