Crystal Bernard is an American singer, songwriter, and actress, well known for her role on the NBC comedy series Wings, where she played the role of Helen. She has acted in movies as well as been a popular musician. Bernard was brought up in a Southern Baptist home. She began her career at the tender age of 3, singing gospel songs with her sister. During their childhood, they traveled to the country and recorded more than 12 albums. She also traveled with her father to sing at revivals in the early 1970s. When she grew up, she appeared on television shows, films, and stage productions. Bernard has also been an accomplished singer. She has had some hit numbers which peaked on the Billboard charts. She has also written songs for people like , Lisa Stansfield, Tracie Spencer, and many more.
Glendale, California, United States
Crystal is represented by Celebrity Talent International (CTI).
- River North Nashville Records
- Platinum Entertainment
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Billy Dean (2004-2005) – Bernard was in a relationship with singer Billy Dean from 2004 to 2005. They have acted as a couple in the film A Face to Kill for in 1999.
- Michael Shipley – She dated Grammy-winner Michael Shipley in the past but they parted their ways.
- Tony Thomas – Bernard was in a longtime relationship with film and TV producer Tony Thomas in the past.
- Rush Limbaugh – She previously dated conservative political commentator and radio personality Rush Limbaugh.
- Dimpled smile
- Southern belle accent
Bernard has endorsed brands such as –
- O Premium Waters (a bottled-water supplier)
- Diet Pepsi
- Parkay margarine
- Q Sports Club
- Doc Martens
- Proactive solution
Best Known For
Her roles in movies and TV shows like Wings (1990-1997), Slumber Party Massacre II (1987), and It’s a Living (1985-1989)
She released her debut album titled Girl Next Door on October 29, 1996.
She made her theatrical film debut as Julie in Young Doctors in Love in 1982, where she appeared along with her Happy Days co-star Ted McGinley.
First TV Show
Bernard made her TV show debut as Kelly on the comedy series, Gimme a Break! in 1992.
Bernard’s workout routine has been based on whatever is available in the city she visits – running, gym, etc. She has also attended Tae Bo classes in the past.
Crystal Bernard Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Clothes – Jane Book dresses, and Hanes boy briefs when relaxing
- Skincare Product – Proactive solution
- Accessory – Tiny hair clips
- Style – That of women from the ’40s, with their shiny, finger-wave set hair and lovely gowns
- Way To Relax – Spending time at the beach in Florida, fishing and collecting shells
- Cannot Live Without – Her relationship with God, and her Dr. Martens
Crystal Bernard Facts
- The Monkey Song (an objection to evolution), on Feudin’ Fussin’ and Frettin’ was recorded by Bernard when she was only 8 years old.
- In 1989, Bernard starred as Shelley in a television movie named Chameleons, created by Glen A. Larson.
- She played strong-willed airport lunch-counter operator Helen Chappel Hackett on the comedy television series Wings for the full eight-season duration from 1990 to 1997.
- In 1999, she acted in the television movie To Love, Honor and Betray opposite David Cubitt and .
- She has also acted in 2 Hallmark Channel movies – Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus (2004) and its sequel, Meet the Santas (2005).
- Bernard has appeared in several stage productions such as a Los Angeles production of Crimes of the Heart in 1999, the West Coast premiere of Barbra’s Wedding opposite Daniel Stern at the Falcon Theatre in Burbank, California in 2005, and many more.
- Her album Don’t Touch Me There (1999) included a gospel song she recorded with her father and another track, sung with country artist Billy Dean. The single Don’t Touch Me There became a nationwide hit, reaching #25 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart.
- She wrote part of the song If I Were Your Girl, which appeared on Paula Abdul’s album Head over Heels (1995).
- Bernard sang a duet (I Wanna Take) Forever Tonight with Peter Cetera, released in the album One Clear Voice in 1995. The song peaked at #22 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart.
- Visit her official website @ www.crystal-bernard.info.
- She is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Alan Light / / CC BY-2.0
Facts of Crystal Lynn Bernard
- Gender Female
- full nameCrystal Lynn Bernard
- middle nameLynn
- birthplaceGarland, Texas, United States
- Date of Birth September 30, 1961
- Age 60 years 1 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- net worth$5 million
- professionSinger, Songwriter, actress
- weight54 kg or 119 lbs
- height5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
- hair colorBlonde
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- high schoolSpring High School
- collegeBaylor University
- motherGaylon Fussell
- fatherDr. Jerry Wayne Bernard
- sistersRobyn Bernard, Scarlett Bernard, Angelique Bernard
- favorite foodSushi