Dalila Bela is a Canadian actress who is the eldest of 3 siblings born in Montreal, Quebec in 2001. At the age of 5, she started her acting career with her 1st national commercial. Her family moved to Vancouver, British Columbia when she was 6 years old and she has gone on with her acting career. Both her younger brothers Bruce Salomon and Raphael Alejandro, are actors.
She has acted in television and movies and is known for her performances in the series Odd Squad where she plays the role of Agent Olive, a young government agent who uses math to investigate changes in circumstances in her town. She has acted in the Netflix series, Anne as Diana Berry, and performed the role of Sydney in the animation Ready Jet Go!
Dalila Bela had won 4 awards and received 13 nominations even before she turned 20. She won Young Artist Award for “Best Performance” in The Stranger, and Joanna Makes a Friend. She won the 2015 Joey Award for her part in Odd Squad as well.
Dalila Bela is managed by –
- Premiere Talent Management (Talent Agency), Vancouver, Canada
- Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent Agent), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Foundation Media Partners (Manager), Calabasas, California, United States
- Perlman Management Group (Manager)
- Dark hair and eyes
- Petite frame
Dalila Bela has endorsed –
- Arctic Gardens
- Coast Capital Savings
- Amazon Vancouver Aquarium
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as Anne, Odd Squad: The Movie, Once Upon A Time, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, The Stranger, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, It’s Christmas, Carol!, among others
- Appearing in TV shows such as Mrs. Miracle, Supernatural, Fringe, The 100, Ready Jet Go!, Odd Squad, The Trailer Dead Hearts, R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour, Annedroid and getting a starring role in Anne With An E
As a Singer
Dalila Bela performed in 2 episodes of the series Anne (2017-2018) in the songs Angels We Have Heard on High which was uncredited, and a credited performance in the song The Friends We Love.
Dalila Bela made her theatrical film debut in Red Riding Hood in 2011. However, she was uncredited for her role.
She made her credited theatrical film debut as Taylor Pringle in Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules in 2011.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut on the television series The Fringe in 2009 playing the role of Jenny Burgess.
Dalila Bela Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Singing, Playing Guitar
- TV Series – The Musketeers, Sherlock
Source – ,
Dalila Bela Facts
- She is the 1st offspring of 3 siblings.
- She was born in Montreal, Quebec in 2001.
- Her acting career began at the age of 5 when she booked her 1st national commercial.
- She has appeared in commercials for Nesquik, Arctic Gardens, Coast Capital Savings, and Amazon Aquarium.
- Both her younger siblings, Bruce Salomon, and Raphael Alejandro are also actors.
- She was a precocious child and had started talking at 11 months old.
- She was able to talk in full sentences by her 1st birthday.
- The family moved from Quebec to Vancouver, British Columbia soon after her 6th birthday where she is still proceeding with her acting career.
- She had won 4 awards and received 13 nominations in the period since she began acting in 2009 and 2018.
- Dalila was nominated 7 times for the Young Artist Award in 2010 for Supernatural, in 2011 for Kid’s Court, in 2012 for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, in 2013 for A Fairly Odd Christmas, in 2013 for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, twice in 2015 for Odd Squad, and once more in 2016 for Odd Squad.
- She was nominated for a Leo Award in 2012. In 2016, she was nominated for a Joey Award, Canadian Screen Award, and Imagen Foundation Award.
- Dalila Bela has won a Diabolique Film Festival Award in the “Best Actress” category, Joey Award for “Best Young Ensemble in a TV Series” (shared with the Odd Squad cast), Young Artist Award for “Best Performance in a DVD Film”, and Young Artist Award for “Best Performance in a Short Film – Young Actress Ten and Under”.
- She has acted in the animation sci-fi Ready Jet Go! as the character Sydney, in which a group of children befriend an alien and learn about science.
- Dalila Bela stars in Odd Squad with , as government agents, Olive and Otto, who use math to scrutinize strange occurrences. This series targets preschool and elementary school children, ages 5-8.
- The Netflix CBC series Anne With An E is founded from the book “Anne of Green Gables”.
- The Wattpad author of the book “Las aventuas de Danbal” was so inspired by Dalila Bela that they wrote in the character ‘Dalila’ in their story.
- She acted in the 2013 movie Twist of Faith, which starred .
- Her role of Lola Littleton in Dead Hearts in 2014 gave her international accolades in the Diabolique Film Festival.
- In the 2012 movie Grave Encounters 2, she is the character Kaitlin and is credited under her birth name, Dalia Caballero Meranu.
- Her brothers Bruce Salomon and Raphael Alejandro acted in the crime series Odd Squad and in the short horror film Dead Hearts, with her.
- She co-stars with the Australian actress in the sci-fi, The 100 series depicting an apocalyptic era.
- Dalila Bela received the 2011 Young Artists nomination for her role as a lawyer in the movie Kid’s Court in 2010.
- Follow her on and .
Featured Image by Dalila Bela / Instagram
Facts of Dalia Caballero Meranu
- Gender Female
- full nameDalia Caballero Meranu
- nicknamesDalila Bela
- birthplaceMontreal, Quebec, Canada
- Date of Birth October 05, 2001
- Age 21 years 7 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundBrazilian, English, French, and Spanish
- net worth$500 thousand
- weight45 kg or 99 lbs
- height4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- brothersBruce Salomon
- favorite tv showThe Musketeers, Sherlock