Daphne Willis is an American singer-songwriter who was born to musically talented parents. She has done more than 1000 shows all over the country. Her talent even caught the ears of Sony/ATV Music Publishing for a contract deal. Her album, Because I Can peaked at #2 on iTunes in their Top 40 Singer/Songwriter chart. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
After completing her high school, Daphne Willis joined DePaul University in Chicago in 1989 to major in English.
Daphne Willis is managed by Chris Allen and Justin Levenson independently from Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
Rock, Pop, Hip-hop, Electronic Dance Music
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- Vanguard Records
- Tattoos on her body
- Thin lips
- Cropped hairstyle
Daphne Willis has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Chicago Music Exchange
- Van Wild Music
- Sony/ATV Music Publishing
- United Nations
- Motor City Pride
- Fūl Bags
- Taylor Guitars
Best Known For
- Her incredibly personal lyrics and her ability to shift between the wide genre of music like rock, hip-hop, electronic dance, and folk
- Her album Because I Can (2011) which peaked at #2 on iTunes’s Top 40 Singer/Songwriter chart. One of the songs named “Sad” was featured on the popular TV series One Tree Hill on CW Network. In the track “Circumstances”, of the same album, Trevor Hall made an appearance.
In February 2010, Daphne released her first solo album titled What to Say with Vanguard Records. The album was produced by Gary Pascoza and Tim Lauer and has 12 songs.
Daphne Willis works out regularly. While traveling, she likes to carry her own and strings to tone up her muscles. Also, she likes to go hiking and .
Daphne Willis Favorite Things
- Tree – Aspens
- About Chicago – Vibe of the city and train
- About Nashville – Its creative buzz
- To Do – To be outside and go to shows and festivals, and do arts and crafts.
Source – , ,
Daphne Willis Facts
- She grew up in San Antonio and Chicago before moving to Nashville to pursue her music career.
- Daphne started singing when she was very young.
- She began playing guitar in the junior year of high school.
- At the age of 19, she started writing her own songs and began performing at open-mike nights and coffee shops.
- She has been influenced by the music of The Beatles, Elvis Costello, and .
- She supports organizations like the American Red Cross, Addiction Campuses, Los Angeles LGBT Center, and The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Her music was discovered by Kevin Welk of Welk Music Group, through the in-flight entertainment system while traveling on American Airlines.
- She came out to her family and friends as a lesbian when she was in high school.
- In June 2015, she signed a publishing deal with Sony ATV Music.
- She co-wrote “Done with Being Done” with which was a part of Daphne’s six-song EP Get It.
- She has a dog named .
- The song “Somebody’s Someone” reflects her personal struggle with depression and insomnia.
- Visit her official website @ daphnewillis.com.
- Follow her on , , , and .
Featured Image by Daphne Willis / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Daphne Willis
- Gender Female
- full nameDaphne Willis
- birthplaceSan Antonio, Texas, United States
- Date of Birth March 10, 1987
- Age 36 years 8 months
- Horoscope Pisces
- Lucky Number 11
- Lucky Stone Aquamarine
- Lucky Color Sea Green
- Best Match for Marriage Cancer, Scorpio
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundWhite
- net worth$100,000 - $1Million
- professionMusician, Singer, Songwriter
- weight58 kg or 128 lbs
- height5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildAverage
- collegeDePaul University
- motherHazel Thornton
- fatherColin Willis