David Suchet is an English actor who came to limelight after playing the role of Edward Teller in the TV show Oppenheimer (1980). He went on to gain international acclaim and recognition following his performance as the suave Belgian super-sleuth Hercule Poirot in Agatha Christie’s Poirot (1989–2013) that fetched him a British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) nomination in 1991. He has also appeared in several other TV programs such as The Way We Live Now (2001) where he essayed the character of Augustus Melmotte, has performed on the British stage such as portraying John in the drama Oleanna at the Royal Court Theatre in 1993 and has starred in a number of movies like Act of God (2009) where he played the part of Dr. Benjamin Cisco.
He is represented by The Artists Partnership.
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sheila Ferris (1972-Present) – He met Sheila Ferris in 1972 at the Belgrade Theatre in Coventry where they were both working. They tied the knot on June 30, 1976. They have a son named Robert (b. 1981) and a daughter named Katherine (b. 1983).
- Pointed eyebrows
- Sharp nose
- Thin lips
David Suchet Facts
- Before he began to portray the role of Poirot, he was warned by his brother that the part was not meant for him at all. However, David went on to play the detective for 25 years and the character became the most-loved role of his career.
- In 1990, on his 44th birthday, he got an invitation to Buckingham Palace from the that he had thought to be a hoax at first. David has recalled that when he and his wife were having lunch with Her Majesty and the , he had found himself in an embarrassing situation after having chosen a mango from the fruit bowl and realizing that he did not have the idea of how to peel it in their company. Finally, he had to take help from Prince Philip himself on exactly what should be done. Later on, David used this incident in the upcoming Poirot episode titled The Theft of the Royal Ruby (1991) where there was even a joke about it in a scene where a dinner guest asked how Poirot knew how to treat a mango and the screenwriter framed the response as a line mentioning that a certain duke had taught him.
- He is the recipient of numerous awards including the International Emmy Award for “Best Actor” in November 2008 for his role as the tycoon Robert Maxwell in the BBC television film Maxwell (2007).
Featured Image by Liam Sexton / Instagram
Facts of David Courtney Suchet
- Gender Male
- full nameDavid Courtney Suchet
- middle nameCourtney
- birthplacePaddington, London, England, United Kingdom
- Date of Birth May 02, 1946
- Age 77 years 9 months
- Horoscope Taurus
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Emerald
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAshkenazi Jewish and English
- net worth$15 million
- weight68 kg or 150 lbs
- height5 ft 7.75 in or 172 cm
- hair colorSalt and Pepper
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- motherJoan Patricia Jarché
- fatherJack Suchet
- brothersPeter Suchet, John Suchet