Deepak Chopra is an Indian-American author and advocate for alternative-medicine who came to prominence with his involvement in the New Age movement. Aside from that, he is also one of the richest and prominently-known personalities in alternative medicine.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Deepak has dated –
- Rita Chopra (1970-Present) – Deepak tied the knot with Rita Chopra in 1970 and moved to the United States that same year. The couple has 2 children – Mallika Chopra (b. July 24, 1971) (Author, Meditation Teacher, Motivational Speaker, Businesswoman) and Gotham Chopra (b. February 23, 1975) (Author, Filmmaker, Entrepreneur).
- Cleft jaw
Deepak Chopra Favorite Things
- Books – Kim, by Rudyard Kipling, Lost Horizon, by James Hilton, The Razor’s Edge, by W. Somerset Maugham, Gitanjali, by Rabindranath Tagore, The Telomere Effect, by Elizabeth Blackburn, Ph.D. and Elissa Epel, Ph.D, The Perennial Philosophy, by Aldous Huxley, The First and Last Freedom, by J. Krishnamurti, Midnight’s Children, by , Space, Time & Medicine, by Larry Dossey, M.D., What Is Life?, by Erwin Schrödinger
Deepak Chopra Facts
- He was brought up in New Delhi.
- After graduating from college, Deepak went on to work in the rural areas of India as a doctor.
- He developed an interest for endocrinology, in particular, neuroendocrinology
- In January 2000, Deepak started The Chopra Foundation in San Diego, California. Aside from that, he is also the owner of Deepak Chopra LLC., which was started in 1995, in Carlsbad.
- Deepak’s paternal grandfather worked as a sergeant in the British Indian Army.
- Due to a ban by the Indian government that prohibited Indian doctors to sit for an exam that allowed them to practice medicine in the United States, Deepak went to Sri Lanka to qualify in the exams. After that, he moved back to the United States and worked as a clinical intern at the Muhlenberg Hospital in Plainfield, New Jersey.
- Deepak was a resident in internal medicine at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, Massachusetts between 1971 and 1977.
- In 1973, he got his board certification in internal medicine, specializing in endocrinology, and was granted permission to practice in Massachusetts.
- In the past, he was appointed as a professor at Tufts University, Boston University, and Harvard University.
- Deepak was sued for copyright infringement by fellow neuroendocrinologist and author Robert Morris Sapolsky for not having given to a chart that he used in his book Ageless Body, Timeless Mind (1993).
- By the year 2015, Deepak had written 80 books of which 20 of them earned the New York Times bestsellers title. Nevertheless, one of his most prominently known works is The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success.
Featured Image By lifescript / / CC BY 2.0
Facts of Deepak Chopra
- Gender Male
- full nameDeepak Chopra
- birthplaceNew Delhi, British India
- Date of Birth October 22, 1946
- Age 76 years 7 months
- Horoscope Libra
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Peridot
- Lucky Color Blue
- Best Match for Marriage Gemini
- net worth$150 million
- professionAuthor, Alternative Medicine Advocate, Public Speaker, Writer
- weight75 kg or 165.5 lbs
- height5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
- hair colorSalt & Pepper
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- motherPushpa Chopra
- fatherKrishan Lal Chopra
- brothersSanjiv Chopra
- favorite booksKim, by Rudyard Kipling, Lost Horizon, by James Hilton, The Razor’s Edge, by W. Somerset Maugham, Gitanjali, by Rabindranath Tagore, The Telomere Effect, by Elizabeth Blackburn, Ph.D. and Elissa Epel, Ph.D, The Perennial Philosophy, by Aldous Huxley, The First and Last Freedom, by J. Krishnamurti, Midnight’s Children, by , Space, Time & Medicine, by Larry Dossey, M.D., What Is Life?, by Erwin Schrödinger