DeMarcus Ware is a former American professional soccer player who is known for his stint with the Dallas Cowboys who drafted him in the 2005 NFL Draft. As a child, Ware was always into sports and played football, basketball, and baseball during his high school years. Then, during his college years, he sharpened his skills by focusing on the game and finished his college career with 27.5 sacks, 201 tackles, 74 quarterback hurries, 10 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries, and 1 interception. DeMarcus Ware became one of the most valuable NFL players during his stay at the Dallas Cowboys team, for which he played for total 9 seasons. Later, after having been released on March 11, 2014, he was immediately signed by the Denver Broncos the following day. Ware played for the Denver Broncos for a total of 3 seasons during which he suffered a couple of injuries including an ulna fracture near the elbow. Eventually, DeMarcus Ware announced his retirement on March 13, 2017, via Twitter and signed a one-day deal with the Dallas Cowboys on April 24, 2017, to retire as its member. He has also been a major fitness enthusiast throughout his career and even after his retirement, he often shares his intense workout videos on Instagram inspiring his fans to opt for a healthy lifestyle. It was also announced on September 12, 2018, that he would be participating as a celebrity contestant on the 27th season of the reality TV dance competition show, Dancing with the Stars, alongside professional partner Lindsay Arnold. DeMarcus Ware has garnered a huge social media fan base with his glorious NFL career and a supremely active lifestyle and enjoys more than 800k followers on Facebook, over 900k followers on Twitter, and more than 900k followers on Instagram.
Alabama, United States
DeMarcus Ware went to Ogletree Elementary School. Then, he got enrolled at Auburn High School in Auburn, Alabama along with defensive end Osi Umenyiora and linebacker Marcus Washington.
After graduating from high school, he studied at Troy University. There, he was chosen twice as an All-Sun Belt Conference selection for the Troy Trojans football team.
- Outside linebacker
- Defensive end
94 – Dallas Cowboys
94 – Denver Broncos
Girlfriend / Spouse
DeMarcus Ware has dated –
- Taniqua Smith – DeMarcus Ware and Taniqua Smith were two high school sweethearts and while DeMarcus worked in a deli, he used to sneak some treats for his lover. Soon after, the two decided to finally get married in March 2005 at a courthouse. Taniqua Smith is a former member of the United States Air Force and her father served as a police officer. Their marriage went through a rather rough phase as the couple faced 3 failed pregnancies, one of which included the unfortunate birth of their son, Omar, who was stillborn as he had no kidneys and was cremated the same day. The couple then adopted their daughter named Marley who was on February 29, 2008. Later, in 2010, they were blessed with a son, DeMarcus Ware, II. However, things soon started falling apart and the couple got divorced in 2012.
- Angela Daniel – DeMarcus Ware is in a relationship with the fitness model Angela Daniel. The couple has been together for a while now and shares a lot of their pictures on their respective social media accounts. Angela Daniel also really gets along with his children, Marley and DeMarcus Ware, II, and the four spend a significant amount of time together.
- Shaved head
- Imposing physique
DeMarcus Ware has appeared in –
- Reebok ATV19 TV commercial alongside Jeremy Levy and Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson in 2013
- Nike TV commercial, ‘I Am Football’, along with Anthony Q. Williams and Denver Broncos
Best Known For
- Having played in a total of 9 seasons, starting with the 2005 season, for the Dallas Cowboys
- His stint, starting as a right outside linebacker, with Denver Broncos
First Soccer Match
DeMarcus Ware made his debut for the Dallas Cowboys in a match against the San Diego Chargers in 2005. Dallas Cowboys emerged as the winners of the game and Ware posted 3 tackles, one for a loss, and one quarterback pressure during the game.
First TV Show
Apart from his NFL appearances, DeMarcus Ware made his first TV show appearance as Himself /Dallas Cowboys Linebacker in an episode of the news sports talk-show series, Mike & Mike, in January 2013.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut as Himself in an episode, titled Change of Plans, of the animated action-adventure series, NFL Rush Zone, in November 2012.
DeMarcus Ware has maintained a remarkable physique even after retiring from the game through his conscious and carefully tailored workout routines. His major focus during his workouts is on building a stronger which would eventually help him in the long run.
The five major activities focused on during his workouts are the , core, ropes, , and agility. Throughout his career, and even after the retirement, Ware made sure that he worked out his in the best possible way as that, along with quick footwork, was the key for a better performance in the field.
He once said in an interview that –
I WORK ON MY CORE. BEING A PASS RUSHER, YOU HAVE TO HAVE A REALLY STRONG CORE. YOU CAN BE CAUGHT IN AWKWARD POSITIONS ALL THE TIME.
DeMarcus Ware counted as one of the strongest players during his professional years, strengthens his core by doing exercises like floor , wood chop downs, and wood chop ups. Moreover, he has also said in an interview that he does not use weight belts during workouts and instead aims at building up the stamina that is required to do the exercises without taking the help of weight belts.
During his younger years, Ware used to do exercises with 400-500 pounds of weight but, with time, he has realized that mental and inner strength are the two most important things that can do wonders for the body and, hence, he indulges more in , , lunges, , high knees, push-ups, exercises, , and martial arts. DeMarcus Ware believes that using up heavy weights tears up the body in some way while helps in building the and stamina.
As for his diet, he used to have a bagel along with some sausage and strawberries before the workout. While working out, Ware drank some kind of shake or anything that would help hydrate his body. Post workout, he had a shake, grilled chicken, and . Then, after an hour, he ate some rice, fish, broccoli, and vegetables followed by some snacks like an or some nuts. His daily diet included a total of 5000 calories.
DeMarcus Ware Facts
- He was very much involved in sports during his high school years and used to play football, basketball, and baseball while he also ran tracks.
- During his senior year, DeMarcus Ware was named the team’s “Most Valuable Wide Receiver” and “Most Valuable Linebacker” while he also won Top Leadership honors. He wrapped up his senior season with 7 sacks and 55 total tackles (40 solo tackles, 15 assisted tackles).
- During his sophomore year, he served as a starter at defensive end and finished the year with 72 tackles (fifth on the team) and 19.5 tackles for loss.
- He was named the “Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year” during his senior year in college and also became a finalist for the Hendricks Award.
- DeMarcus Ware wrapped up his college career with 27.5 sacks, 201 tackles, 74 quarterback hurries, 10 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries, and 1 interception.
- He was inducted into the Troy University Sports Hall of Fame in 2012 and has also been named to the Sun Belt Conference All-Decade Team.
- Most scouts considered Ware as the “tweener DE /OLB prospect” after his remarkable college career.
- During his 2008 season with the Dallas Cowboys, he was recognized as the “NFC Defensive Player of the Year” by Kansas City Committee and also as “NFL Alumni Pass Rusher of the Year”. He also won the professional Butkus Award.
- In 2009, DeMarcus Ware became one of the 5 highest paid defenders in the NFL after signing a six-year, $78 million contract with the Dallas Cowboys in October.
- Sporting News, a digital store media, ranked DeMarcus Ware as the Best 3-4 Outside Linebacker in 2009.
- He also suffered from a sprained neck during a match against the San Diego Chargers in 2009.
- At the end of his 2009 season, he was named to the First All-Pro team.
- The 2013 season was his last season with the Dallas Cowboys and he was released on March 11, 2014. This made him a free agent for the very first time in his career.
- DeMarcus Ware signed a three-year, $30 million contract with the Denver Broncos a day after being released from the Dallas Cowboys.
- He finished his first season, i.e. the 2014 season, with Denver Broncos with 41 tackles, 10 sacks, 1 interception, 1 pass defense, and 2 forced fumbles.
- DeMarcus was named as “AFC Defensive Player of the Month” in September 2015.
- He also secured the 36th rank on the “NFL Top 100 Players of 2016” list.
- In his 2016 season, DeMarcus Ware suffered from an ulna fracture near the elbow which required surgery as well as a 4-5 weeks period for recovery.
- On December 28, 2016, he received back surgery.
- On March 13, 2017, DeMarcus Ware announced via his Twitter account that he was going to retire from the NFL after 12 seasons and 138.5 sacks. However, as he wanted to retire as a member of the Dallas Cowboys, he signed a one-day contract with the team on April 24, 2017.
- He gave a record performance of 10+ sacks in 7 straight seasons at the end of the 2012 season. The only other 2 players in the NFL history who have more consecutive seasons with 10+ sacks are Reggie White (9) and John Randle (8).
- DeMarcus Ware was named as the 3rd “Best Player in the NFL” (after and ) going into the 2012 season and as the “Best Defensive Player in the NFL” by the CBS Sports Senior NFL Columnist, Pete Prisco.
- April 19th was declared as “DeMarcus Ware Day” by the governor of Alabama on April 19, 2016.
- He was also named as the “Best Edge Pass Rusher in the League” and a “top-five player in the NFL, regardless of position” by NFL.com analyst, Daniel Jeremiah, in 2012.
- DeMarcus Ware has also been ranked as the best rusher, best linebacker, 2nd overall defensive player behind defensive back Darrelle Revis (number 5 overall), and the 6th overall player in the NFL.
- He is the 2nd fastest player ever to reach 100+ sacks (after Reggie White) and the 29th player in history to achieve the feat.
- DeMarcus Ware has also appeared as a contestant on the 27th season of the dance competition series, Dancing with the Stars, alongside his professional partner, .
- Visit his official website @ demarcusware94.com.
Featured Image by Jeffrey Beall / / CC BY 3.0
Facts of DeMarcus Omar Ware
- Gender Male
- full nameDeMarcus Omar Ware
- middle nameOmar
- birthplaceAuburn, Alabama, United States
- Date of Birth July 31, 1982
- Age 41 years 1 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- net worth$30 million
- professionFormer Professional Soccer Player
- weight117 kg or 258 lbs
- height6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildLarge
- high schoolAuburn High School
- collegeTroy University
- motherBrenda Ann Ware
- fatherOtis Pitts
- sistersJakeithia Ware