Dennis Hopper was an American actor, voiceover artist, filmmaker, director, and writer who is known for his roles in on-screen projects such as Billy in Easy Rider, Kansas in The Last Movie, Don in Out of the Blue, Frank Booth in Blue Velvet, Rudolph ‘Red’ Diamond in Boiling Point, Bruno Bischofberger in Basquiat, Shooter in Hoosiers, Howard Payne in Speed, Deacon in Waterworld, Frankie in The Last Days of Frankie the Fly, Charles Atlas in Top of the World, William S. Burroughs in The Source, and The Judge in An American Carol.
Dennis Lee Hopper
He was born on May 17, 1936.
On May 29, 2010, he passed away due to prostate cancer at the age of 74 in his home in Venice, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Jesus Nazareno Cemetery, Ranchos de Taos, New Mexico, United States
Dodge City, Ford County, Kansas, United States
Dennis Hopper attended the Kansas City Art Institute and then studied at Helix High School. He also trained at the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego and the Actors Studio in New York City.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Filmmaker, Director, Writer
- Father – James Millard Hopper (Post office manager who had previously served in the Office of Strategic Services, the precursor to the Central Intelligence Agency, in World War II)
- Mother – Marjorie Mae (née Davis) (Lifeguard Instructor)
- Siblings – Marvin Hopper (Brother), David Hopper (Brother)
- Others – James Clarence Hopper (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Bertie Bell (Paternal Grandmother), William Lonnie Davis (Maternal Grandfather), Nellie Bly McInteer (Maternal Grandmother)
Dennis Hopper was managed by Sam Maydew.
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dennis Hopper had dated –
- Ursula Andress
- Venetia Stevenson (1957)
- Tuesday Weld (1959-1960)
- Brooke Hayward (1961-1969) – He married actress Brooke Hayward in 1961 and they were blessed with a daughter Marin Hopper in 1962. However, the duo divorced in 1969.
- Michelle Phillips (1970) – He was married to actress and singer-songwriter Michelle Phillips from October 31, 1970, to November 8, 1970.
- Daria Halprin (1972-1976) – His marriage to Daria Halprin resulted in the birth of their daughter Ruthanna Hopper, an author and actress, on December 5, 1972.
- Katherine LaNasa (1989-1992) – They were blessed with a son named in 1990.
- Victoria Duffy (1996-2010) – They parent a daughter named Galen Grier Hopper (b. 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
He was of English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and Dutch descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Frequently played menacing, sadistic villains
- Often sported a goatee
He had appeared in the TV commercials for Ford Focus, Lincoln Automobiles, Toyota Celica Autos, Nike, Cingular Wireless, Ameriprise Financial, and Tsumura Bathing Essence.
Dennis Hopper Facts
- He made his directorial debut with the 1969 independent road drama film, Easy Rider, for which he received an Academy Award nomination for “Best Original Screenplay” (shared with Peter Fonda and Terry Southern).
- He was friends with , , and .
- Dennis Hopper received the 2,403rd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of Grauman’s Egyptian Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard on March 18, 2010.
Featured Image by antje verena / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Dennis Hopper
- full nameDennis Hopper
- Date of Birth May 17, 1936
- Age 85 years 6 months
- Horoscope Taurus
- Lucky Number 5
- Lucky Stone Emerald
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn
- weight68 kg
- height5 ft 7¾ in