DeStorm Power is an American recording artist, comedian, actor, producer, and social media star, best known for being the founder and President of Zeus Network in 2018, which was a media network that used a subscription model to connect the audience with their favorite creators. He was also known for being the creator of Caught The Series, which aired for the 1st time on April 9, 2017, on his profile on the Instagram platform. DeStorm received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for “Outstanding Actor in a Short Form Comedy or Drama Series” for the series, and was a winner of a Streamy Award in 2017 and 2018 for “Best Writing”, and “Best Acting in a Drama” in 2017.
DeStorm was the founder of a multi-channel network Big Frame in 2011, and later founded Forefront TV that featured well-known hip hop artists and promoted urban music and lifestyle. He created his musical YouTube channel in April 2006, under the name DeStorm Power, and as of March 2019, has amassed 2,878,300 subscribers. His account on the Vine social media network, that he focused on in 2013 after leaving YouTube temporarily, has gathered more than 6 million followers at its peak.
Los Angeles, California, United States
DeStorm Power is an independent artist.
Hip hop, R&B
Girlfriend / Spouse
DeStorm Power has dated –
- Alicia Gordillo (2017-Present) – He started dating the actress and social media star that goes by the nickname Janina Ditsy in 2017. They were seen together in a lot of social media short comedy skits for his Caught The Series on Instagram in 2017, as well as Vine videos and creations for his Zeus Network.
- He also has a son named (b. 2001) but hasn’t specified who his mother was. His son is known for posting short videos on the Vine social media network since his early teens.
- Tall, athletic physique
- Bright white smile
- Often wears snapback hats and sunglasses
- Goatee and chinstrap facial hair
DeStorm Power has appeared in TV commercials such as –
- Get Crackin’ with Wonderful Pistachios (2009)
- AMA’s SONG for American Music Awards (2010)
- Refresh the World for Pepsi (2010)
- Tag Your Green! for General Electric (2010)
- 5G Prize for Heinz Ketchup (2011)
- Pocket Like It’s Hot for Hot Pockets (2012)
- Larry King Challenges DeStorm for Larry King Now TV show (2012)
- Unforsweatable for OldSpice deodorant (2017)
- Mufz (2018)
Best Known For
- Being the founder of the multi-channel network named Zeus Network in 2018
- Creating the Internet series named Caught The Series in April 2017 on Instagram
- Receiving an Emmy Award nomination in 2017, and winning 3 Streamy Awards in 2017 and 2018 for Caught The Series
- His 2 hip hop mixtapes – Be Careful (2012), and King Kong (2013), both released under his own recording label named Big Frame
- Having a well known YouTube channel with more than 3 million subscribers, and a Vine account with more than 6 million followers
As a Singer
DeStorm Power made his debut as a hip hop music performer on May 1, 2012, when his 1st mixtape titled Be Careful was released under his own recording label, Big Frame. It consisted of 15 songs, out of which singles Finally Free and Love Signs were most prominent.
On February 3, 2013, DeStorm released his 2nd mixtape titled King Kong, consisting of 14 songs, out of which its self-named single picked up the most recognition. It also featured collaborations with artists Kreesha Turner, Page Kennedy, Street Light, Chester See, Koowplayy, , and The Arnats.
DeStorm also did songwriting and sang in the episode titled Fight to Win of the TV series Your Favorite Martian in 2011. He was also a guest-starring rapper in the YouTube Web series Epic Rap Battles of History in 2011 when he both wrote lyrics and played the role of a rapper Mr. T in the 13th episode titled Mr. T vs. Mr. Roger. DeStorm appeared once again in 2015 when he rapped as Shaka Zulu in the 56th episode titled Shaka Zulu vs. Julius Caesar.
DeStorm Power made his theatrical film debut as Decepticon in a comedy, horror movie Smiley in 2012.
First Web Show
DeStorm Power made his first web show appearance as himself in the series Rap Up that he began releasing on his YouTube channel in 2009.
DeStorm Power doesn’t have a personal trainer and was even a Master personal trainer for others. He also had an athletic history, as he tried out for the Olympic Games as a triple jumper in 2011, and was physically active since his early teens and credits his hard work for the physique he attained. In the past, DeStorm Power used to share workout videos with his followers on social media platforms, where he performed various high-rep exercises, as well as squats and bench-press.
He often tries to inspire his followers to live an active life that he himself likes to follow. DeStorm admits that not every day is perfect, as he sometimes feels lazy to run on a treadmill for in order to warm up for a workout, and gets lost in watching cooking shows. DeStorm also often goes hiking and in nature to stay active.
DeStorm Power Favorite Things
- Sports – Basketball
- Basketball Player –
- Animal – Chipmunk
- Music Genre – Hip Hop
- Actor –
- Person – ,
- Interests – Tattoos, Cartoon Movies, Swimming
- Place – Beach
- Cartoon Characters – Elmer Fudd, Papa Smurf, Alf, Pinky not the Brian, Cap’n from Spongebob, Ren and Stimpy
- Rappers –
- Food – Brussels Sprout
- Movie – Black Panther (2018)
- Personal Quote – “Be careful where you get your advice. Some people will talk you out of your dreams because it’s easy for them to tear down a house they didn’t build.”
Source – , , , , , , , , , , ,
DeStorm Power Facts
- His name is pronounced as day-storm.
- He has a large tattoo spanning from his shoulder and collarbone to his chest, and a long line of text on his forearm.
- DeStorm was a talented songwriter and got hired by Universal Records, Atlantic Records, and other recording labels as an intern to be a ghostwriter, e.g. to write songs without getting official credits.
- In 2011, he moved from New York to Los Angeles, California, to pursue his musical and media endeavors.
- His mother died of stomach cancer in 2008.
- His catchphrase was “Wuz Up World? (What’s up World?)”, and he always said it either at the beginning or the end of his videos posted on social media.
- DeStorm’s YouTube channel was at the 85th spot out of “Top 100 Channels” listing published by New Media Rockstars online magazine in 2014.
- DeStorm Power used to be represented by Paradigm Talent Agency in Los Angeles, California, and William Morris Endeavor Entertainment in Beverly Hills, California, but later decided to go independent.
- He starred and co-hosted the MTV television series Punk’d with , which aired on BET Networks in 2015.
- He wasn’t the only founder of Zeus Network in 2018. Other co-founders were King Bach, , and Lemuel Plummer.
- DeStorm Powers was good friends with , who congratulated him for his success and often cited ‘s lyrics for inspiration to succeed in the entertainment and music industry.
- His Caught The Series that started airing in 2017 featured well-known singers, social media stars and artists such as , Reedo Brown, Bradley Martin, Leli Hernandez, Janina Ditsy, Taylor Stevens, Klarity, , Alphonso McAuley, , and others.
- He often joked that if he or his loved ones needed an emergency hospital visit, they’d be better off calling an Uber rather than 911, as the car driver would show up faster.
- He claimed that a lot of his best ideas came to him when he was in the bathroom and that he should simply add a work desk near his toilet seat.
- DeStorm knows how to beatbox and occasionally incorporated his skills for his comedic skits.
- Visit his official website @ www.thezeusnetwork.com.
Featured Image by DeStorm Power / Instagram
Facts of DeStorm Power
- Gender Male
- full nameDeStorm Power
- birthplaceArlington County, Virginia, United States
- Date of Birth January 30, 1982
- Age 41 years 10 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAfrican-American
- net worth$2.5 million
- professionSinger, Songwriter, Social Media Star, Actor, Comedian, Producer, Director
- weight80 kg or 176.5 lbs
- height6 ft or 183 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildMuscular
- motherMashala Power
- favorite moviesBlack Panther (2018)
- favorite foodBrussels Sprout