Dominic Monaghan is a British-German actor best known for playing the role of Meriadoc Brandybuck / Merry in the Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001–2003) and Charlie Pace in Lost (2004–2010).
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Tattoos on the right forearm (drawn by ), right shoulder, and upper back
- Frequently spotted wearing bracelets, wrist bands, and rings
7.5 (US) 6.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
- Monaghan appeared in several live-action teasers for the promotion of the science fiction video game called The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (2013).
- He was the voice of Sightseeing Manchester’s bus tour, recorded in March 2016.
Dominic Monaghan Favorite Things
- Video Games – Uncharted series, FIFA, Skyrim, Medal of Honor and the original Halo, Kentucky Route Zero and mobile title Virus Inc.
- Creature – Ants
- Horror Movies – Let the Right One In (2008), Don’t Look Now (1973), The Exorcist (1973)
- Bands – Radiohead, , The Beatles, and The Smiths
- Sports Team – Manchester United (Soccer)
- Sports Players – Roy Keane, , , Eric Cantona, Ruud van Nistelrooy
- Cocktail – Tequila, club soda, and fresh lime on the rocks
- Word To Use In A Conversation – Insane
- TV Guilty Pleasure – Chopped, Survivor
- Food – Sushi
- Food Guilty Pleasure – Nutella
- Movies (Comedy) – This Is Spinal Tap (1984), Monty Python’s Life of Brian (1979)
- Curse Word – W*nker
- Emoji – Purple Devil
- Countries For Vacation – New Zealand, India, Thailand, Palau, and Spain
- Cities (Other Than LA) – Berlin, Wellington, Bangkok, New York, Sydney
- Cuisine – Malaysian
- Romantic Destination – Paris
- Place In The British Isles – Penrith, Cumbria, and Glasgow in Scotland
- Hotels – George V in Paris, The W in San Diego, Casa de Carmona in Spain
- Drive Route – From LA via Big Sur to San Francisco
Source – , , TheHollywoodNews.com, , , Jaehakim.com,
Dominic Monaghan Facts
- Before getting his first break as an actor, he formerly worked sorting mail at a post office, followed by a job in British home stores, and lastly served as a Sauté chef at a place called Quincey’s in Didsbury, Manchester.
- In 2003, he purchased a forest in India to help protect the environment.
- Dom learned karate in childhood and speaks fluent German.
- Dom’s parents returned to live in Stockport, England when he was 11 years old.
- The actor mentioned in an interview that one of the primary reasons he moved to Los Angeles was that he fell in love with surfing and wanted to live near a beach.
- He has a habit of writing on his hands.
- Dom is also a gaming fanatic and claims to be good at karaoke.
- He frequently trains with producer, writer, and personal trainer Ryan Farhoudi at Eastern Gym Co of Hollywood.
- Monaghan was cast as a model opposite actress in the music video of ’s hit single Love the Way you Lie ft Rihanna (2010).
- The actor holds a deep love for wildlife and nature. He had insects and reptiles as pets since the age of 10 and continues to look after an assortment of lizards, spiders, and snakes at his home.
- While filming Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan in 2012, Dom’s guide, Dr. Peter Jäger, discovered a new species of a spider in Laos and chose to name it Ctenus monaghani to recognize the actor’s enthusiasm for nature.
Featured Image by Dominic Monaghan / Instagram
Facts of Dominic Bernard Patrick Luke Monaghan
- Gender Male
- full nameDominic Bernard Patrick Luke Monaghan
- birthplaceWest Berlin, West Germany
- Date of Birth December 08, 1976
- Age 46 years 5 months
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Turquoise
- Lucky Color Orange
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundEnglish and Irish
- net worth$12 million
- professionActor, Producer (Owner of Monkey Spunk Production Company)
- weight67 kg or 148 lbs
- height5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
- hair colorLight Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- high schoolSt Anne’s Roman Catholic High School
- collegeAquinas College
- fatherAustin Monaghan
- brothersMatthew Monaghan
- favorite moviesThis Is Spinal Tap (1984), Monty Python’s Life of Brian (1979)
- favorite foodSushi