Dweezil Zappa is an American musician, songwriter, and actor, best known as the son of the musician, composer, and bandleader, Frank Zappa. Growing up in a musical family allowed him to learn directly from musicians such as from the band Van Halen, and Steve Vai, who played in his dad’s band between 1980 and 1983. To carry his dad’s legacy, Dweezil started leading and touring with a tribute group, Zappa Plays Zappa, which played renditions of the original music his dad performed.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dweezil Zappa is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Windish Agency (Talent Agent) in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Rock, Hard Rock, Instrumental Rock, Heavy Metal
Vocals, Bass, Piano, Banjo, Guitar
- Favored Nations
- Barking Pumpkin
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dweezil Zappa has dated –
- Katie Wagner (1987) – In early 1987, Dweezil began dating a TV personality, but their relationship came to an end by December of that year.
- Emily Lloyd (1987) – Rumor
- (1987) – Dweezil had a brief encounter with the actress in April 1987.
- (1988) – Rumor
- (1990) – He dated the actress between July and September 1990.
- (1996) – Dweezil was in a brief relationship with the actress between April and July 1996.
- (1998-2004) – For 6 years, he dated a fellow musician. They performed and wrote music together, in addition to hosting a cooking TV show on Food Network in 2004 titled Dweezil & Lisa.
- Lauren Knudsen (2004-2010) – After a year of dating, on September 3, 2005, Dweezil married fashion stylist Lauren Knudsen in his hometown of Los Angeles, California. The couple has 2 daughters, Zola Frank Zappa (b. 2006) and Ceylon Indira Zappa (b. 2008). Their marriage ended in March 2010, when Lauren filed for divorce due to irreconcilable differences. The divorce was not finalized as of March 2012, due to unpaid legal bills on Dweezil’s end.
- Megan Marsicano (2011-Present) – In 2011, he started dating Megan and married her on April 3, 2012. In June 2014, Dweezil and Megan appeared on the episode of the reality-TV series Celebrity Wife Swap. They also have a daughter named Mia together.
Dweezil Zappa Facts
- He was always called Dweezil by his family. However, doctors did not allow his dad to give him that name legally at birth. As soon as he was aware of this, he got it officially changed to Dweezil. The nickname stems from what his dad Frank called his mom’s oddly curled pinky toe.
- After his mom’s death in 2015, he and his older sister Moon each received a share of 20% of the Zappa family trust, while his younger brother and sister received 30% each. This was not the only shocking event because his brother Ahmet also sent him a cease-and-desist letter about playing his father’s music and creating merchandise under the Zappa name.
Featured Image by Björn Söderqvist / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa
- Gender Male
- full nameIan Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa
- birthplaceLos Angeles, California, United States
- Date of Birth September 05, 1969
- Age 52 years 2 months
- Horoscope Virgo
- Lucky Number 12
- Lucky Stone Sapphire
- Lucky Color Green
- Best Match for Marriage Taurus, Capricorn
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundIrish, Danish, Sicilian, Greek, Arab, and French
- net worth$3 million
- professionMusician, Actor, Songwriter
- weight70 kg or 154.5 lbs
- height5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- motherAdelaide Gail née Sloatman Zappa
- fatherFrank Vincent Zappa
- sistersMoon Unit Zappa, Diva Zappa