Eddie Murphy is an American comedy actor in Hollywood. His talents have no boundaries, and he is considered one of the best comedians out there. He is very dedicated to his job and leaves no stone unturned to get on well with it. His fields of interest are not just one, but he keeps switching domains according to his choice. He is a successful comedian. But apart from that, he is also a successful director, actor, producer, and musician as well.
Well, how well do you know about Eddie Murphy? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Eddie Murphy’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Eddie Murphy to date.
Biography and Early Life
Murphy was born on April 3, 1961. His birthplace is Brooklyn, New York City, the U.S. He grew up in the Bushwick neighborhood. Murphy’s mother’s name is Lillian (Laney). She was a telephone operator by profession. His father’s name was Charles Edward Murphy. He was a transit police officer. Apart from that, his father was also an amateur actor and comedian by passion.
Murphy mentioned that his parents got separated when he was just three years old, and then when he was eight years ago, he lost his father. Murphy was brought up by his single mother then. Soon she was so ill that he and his brother were sent to foster. They grew up there after that. After that, they came to Roosevelt, where his mother and step father raised them. His stepfather is Vernon Lynch. Vernon is a foreman in an ice cream plant.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Eddie Murphy in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Eddie Murphy’s age is 60 years old as of today’s date 2nd August 2021 having been born on 3 April 1961. Though, he is 5′ 9″ in feet and inches and 175 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 170lbs in Pound and 77kg in Kilograms.
After a lot of shifting, Murphy finally started staying in Roosevelt. There he began his education at the Roosevelt High School. After graduating from there, he joined Nassau Community College for higher education. He completed his degree there and then switched to comedy and film. From a very early age, Murphy took an interest in stand up comedy. As soon as he completed his education, he started off with his dynamic profession.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Murphy dated Paulette McNeely, with whom he had a son named Eric. He also dated Tamara Hood, with whom he had a son named Christian.
But it was the first time with Nicole Mitchell that he was romantically so much involved with her that he married her after staying with her for two years. They got married at the Grand Ballroom of the Plaza Hotel, located in New York City. Their marriage took place on March 18, 1993. They had five children, namely Bria, Myles, Shayne, Zola, and Bella. But it didn’t last long before they decided to get separated from each other.
Is Eddie Murphy Gay?
Eddie Murphy was married, but he parted ways from his wife. After that, he is known to have been with three different women as his partner. But there are no such rumors or instances which suggest that he is romantically involved with any guy. Therefore, we can clearly say that he is sexually straight by orientation.
Murphy began his career with stand up comedy. He gained motivation for it through The Nigger’s Crazy. Thereby he decided to start with humor as a profession with Al Green.
After that, he started off with acting. His role in Saturday night lives earned him a lot of fame. This further helped him get into other parts as well.
The best part about him was his variety of professions, but he managed to succeed in each field.
- Murphy was nominated once in the Academy Awards.
- He was nominated for British Academy Film Awards as well.
- He won the Golden Globe Award once and was nominated for the same six times.
- Murphy also won the Prime Emmy Award once and was nominated five times.
- Screen Actors Guild Award was won by him earlier. He was also nominated two times.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Eddie Murphy in 2021
Murphy is a really talented individual. He owns a net worth of $220 million as of 2021. His dynamic nature in the profession and his success in each of them make it even more comfortable for him to gain more net worth.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Eddie started his comedy career with Al Green.
- His childhood was traumatic, because his father was murdered by his then girlfriend.
- Murphy had his first debut in the Big Screen through 48 hours.
- Hid debut in the field of direction was also a big hit.
- Famous comedians such as Russell Brand and Dave Chappelle have admitted their influence in comedy was Eddie Murphy.
- He almost got a role to play in the Star Trek movie.
- He was good friends with the King of Pop- Michael Jackson.
- He had to undergo DNA tests to prove that he was the father of his three daughters.
- He gave the voice of the popular character of Donkey in the Shrek movie.
- He was the Razzie Award winner for “Worst Actor of the Decade,” which he received in the year 2010.
Murphy is a trendy figure, be it in stand up comedy or acting. He has also successfully earned a net worth of $220 million, and is soon expected to increase it even more. His age has never been a bar to his passion, and he has been able to make a place in the hearts of his fans.
Facts of Edward Regan Murphy
- Gender Male
- full nameEdward Regan Murphy
- birthplaceBrooklyn, New York City, U.S.
- Date of Birth April 03, 1961
- Age 62 years 7 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- religionCatholic (Christian values)
- net worth$220 million
- professionComedian, Actor, Producer, Director, Musician
- weightIn Kilograms – 77 Kg, In Pounds – 170 lbs
- heightIn Centimetres – 175 cm, In Feet and Inches – 5′ 9″
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorBrown
- high schoolRoosevelt High School