Edgar Wright is an English director, screenwriter, and producer who is renowned for fast-paced and satirical films that feature extensive usage of Steadicam tracking shots, dolly zooms, and editing that includes quick transitions, whip-pans, and wipes. He came into the spotlight in the UK when he directed the sitcom Spaced (1999–2001). He has written and directed films such as A Fistful of Fingers (1995), Shaun of the Dead (2004), Hot Fuzz (2007), Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010), The World’s End (2013), and Baby Driver (2017). Edgar had also written the scripts for the 2011 animated film The Adventures of Tintin and the 2015 superhero film Ant-Man. Additionally, he has served as a producer or an executive producer on most of these films and has made uncredited cameo appearances in almost all his films.
Edgar Howard Wright
Eball, Edgar Wright Here Wright Now
Poole, Dorset, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Edgar had attended The Blue School, Wells in Somerset from 1985 to 1992. From 1992 to 1994, he studied at the Bournemouth and Poole College of Art and Design (now known as Arts University Bournemouth) and graduated with a National Diploma in audio-visual design.
Director, Screenwriter, Producer
- Siblings – Oscar Wright (Comic Book Artist, Designer, Animation Artist)
- Others – Howard Edmondson (Maternal Grandfather), Margaret Elizabeth Recardo (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Edgar has dated –
- Charlotte Hatherley – Edgar had dated English singer and songwriter Charlotte Hatherley in the 2000s. He had also directed the music videos for 2 of her songs – Summer (2004) and Bastardo (2005).
- In a , he had revealed that he was dating a Swedish girl but did not reveal her name.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English and distant Sephardi Jewish descent.
- Slender frame
- Deadpan humor
- Center-parted, neck-length hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
Edgar Wright Favorite Things
- Music Bands – Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
- Movies – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966), Dirty Harry (1971), An American Werewolf in London (1981), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), The Evil Dead (1981), Evil Dead II (1987), Raising Arizona (1987), Hard Boiled (1992), Run Lola Run (1998)
- Movie Genres – Action, Horror
- Movie Directors – Tony Scott, Walter Hill, Michael Mann, , Wes Anderson
Source – ,
Edgar Wright Facts
- Other than films, TV series, and short films, Edgar has directed several music videos for songs such as The Bluetones’ Keep the Home Fires Burning (2000), The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster’s Psychosis Safari (2002), Mint Royale’s Blue Song (2002), ‘ Gust of Wind (2014), and Beck Hansen’s Colors (2018).
- For the 2004 horror comedy film Shaun of the Dead, he won the ‘Best Screenplay’ award at both the British Independent Film Awards and the Bram Stoker Awards. For the 2010 action comedy film Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, he won the ‘Best Director’ award at the 2011 Empire Awards.
- He was due to direct the 2015 MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) superhero film Ant-Man but abandoned the venture citing creative differences.
- In June 2018, the Arts University Bournemouth, where he had studied from 1992 to 1994, awarded him an honorary fellowship.
Featured Image by Edgar Wright / Instagram
Facts of Edgar Wright
- full nameEdgar Wright
- Date of Birth April 18, 1974
- Age 47 years 7 months
- Horoscope Aries
- Lucky Number 7
- Lucky Stone Diamond
- Lucky Color Red
- Best Match for Marriage Leo
- weight63 kg
- height5 ft 7 in