Elyse Sewell is an American fashion model, TV personality, former research assistant, as well as a writer who is known for competing on the reality television series and competition show, America’s Next Top Model, in which she appeared in 2003. Prior to getting cast on the show, she used to work as a research assistant in a biology lab. Eventually, she came 3rd in the first cycle of America’s Next Top Model and started her pursuits as a fashion model and worked extensively in Asia. Moreover, Elyse Sewell has also branched out as a writer and is a published author.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Elyse Sewell studied at the University of New Mexico, a public research university located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish and a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology.
Elyse Sewell is represented by –
- Wilhelmina Models – New York
- M4 Models
- Q6 Models
- Dream Models
- Elite Models
- SMG (Seattle Models Guild)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elyse Sewell has dated –
- Martin Crandall – Elyse Sewell was previously in a relationship with the musician and multi-instrumentalist, Martin Crandall, who is known for being a former member of the indie rock band named The Shins. They went out for a short while before calling it quits and ending the relationship.
- Deep-set eyes
- High cheekbones
- A tattoo on her foot
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Elyse Sewell has done endorsement work for a variety of brands which include the likes of Azona, Chanel, Chow Sang Sang Jewelry, Dao, Darquer, DTC Diamonds, Flair by Joc, Giordano, iMaroon, Mae Von, Motorola, Paule Ka, Sa Sa CyberColors, Staccato, and many others.
Best Known For
- Appearing as a contestant on America’s Next Top Model in 2003 and concluding her journey by getting placed in the 3rd position
- Having appeared on the covers of a number of magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar Hong Kong, WWD Los Angeles, Privé Asia, and Sisters
First TV Show
Elyse Sewell made her first TV show appearance as a contestant in an episode, titled The Girl Who Wants It So Bad, of the first cycle of the reality television series and interactive competition show, America’s Next Top Model, in May 2003. Some of the other contestants on the show were Giselle Samson, , Shannon Stewart, Robin Manning, Kesse Wallace, and Ebony Haith while the judges were , Janice Dickinson, , and Beau Quillian. Moreover, Elyse Sewell wrapped up her journey on the show at the 3rd position after Adrianne Curry and Shannon Stewart.
Elyse Sewell Favorite Things
- Movie – The Big Lebowski (1998)
- Model –
Elyse Sewell Facts
- Before her modeling career took off, she used to work as a research assistant in an evolutionary biology lab.
- While she appeared on the show, America’s Next Top Model, in 2003, Elyse Sewell was often referred to as the “edgy pre-med student”.
- When she was still on America’s Next Top Model, she said that she would probably go back to medical school in case she did not win the show. However, even though she did not win the show, Elyse Sewell made it big in the fashion industry after the show was over.
- She also appeared in an episode of the late-night talk show, Live!, in July 2003.
- Elyse Sewell was placed at the 16th spot on E!‘s “Most Outrageous TV Moments” list in 2005 as a result of one of her “confessional” clips from the show, America’s Next Top Model, in which she indulged in a profanity-laden rant against the people on the show. She later revealed that the cause for her outburst was the unusual requirements on the show such as voicing one’s private thoughts and the contestants soliloquizing in a “confessional booth”.
- In the year 2008, she was cast as Hazel in the short drama film, The Problem with Machines that Communicate, and her co-stars in the film included George Andrus and Marty Crandall.
- Although Tyra Banks suggested her otherwise, Elyse Sewell has often insisted that modeling is the “easiest job in the world”.
- She started a LiveJournal blog in 2004 and brought into light her experiences of modeling overseas.
- In 2006, Elyse Sewell’s book, titled Beauty and The Biz: The International Adventures of America’s Third-to-Next Top Model, was published in Hong Kong.
- Her credits as a writer also include having written a satirical article for Bust Magazine on how to be a reality TV star.
- Follow Elyse Sewell on .
Featured Image by Elyse Sewell / Instagram
Facts of Elyse Marie Sewell
- Gender Female
- full nameElyse Marie Sewell
- middle nameMarie
- birthplaceAlbuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Date of Birth June 10, 1982
- Age 41 years 3 months
- Horoscope Gemini
- Lucky Number 9
- Lucky Stone Agate
- Lucky Color Yellow
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius, Libra
- net worth$2 million
- professionFashion Model, TV Personality, Former Research Assistant, Writer
- weight60 kg or 132 lbs
- height5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorBlue
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeUniversity of New Mexico
- favorite moviesThe Big Lebowski (1998)