Esteban Gutiérrez is a Mexican professional racing driver who has represented several Formula One teams, including Scuderia Ferrari, as a test and competitive driver. Before joining the premier F1 tier, he had won the inaugural Formula BMW Europe championship in 2008 and the inaugural GP3 Series title in 2010. He had also finished as the runner-up in the 2007 Formula BMW USA championship and stood 3rd in both the Formula BMW World Final and the GP2 Series championship in 2012. For a brief period in 2016 and 2017, he had left Formula One to race in the Formula E championship and the IndyCar Series. He then returned to the F1 fold in 2018, as a test and development driver, for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas team.
London, England, United Kingdom
- 21 – Formula One
- 18 – IndyCar Series
- 33 – Formula E
Formula One Teams
Esteban has raced for –
- Sauber F1 Team (2011-2012) (Test Driver)
- Sauber F1 Team (2013-2014)
- Scuderia Ferrari (2015) (Test Driver)
- Haas F1 Team (2016)
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team (2018-Present) (Test Driver)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Esteban has dated –
- Svetlana Kostyuk (2012–2013)
- Paola Ruiz (2013-2014)
- Mónica Casán (2015-Present) – Esteban and Mónica began dating in December 2015 and got married in January 2017.
- Slender frame
- Affable smile
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Thick eyebrows
- Often sports a mullet
Esteban has been sponsored by –
- Unifin, Inc.
Esteban Gutiérrez Facts
- For his strong performances in the 2007 Formula BMW USA championship, where he finished as the runner-up, Esteban was honored with the ‘FBMW USA Rookie of the Year’ award.
- When he triumphed at the Formula BMW Europe championship in 2008, he was just 17 years old and became the youngest Mexican driver, at that time, to win an international championship.
- When he finished 3rd in the GP2 Series championship in 2012, he became the first graduate from the GP3 series (2010 champion) to finish a GP2 series season in the ‘Top 3’. For his performances, he was awarded the 2012 ‘Pirelli Trophy for Tyre Management’.
- As of February 2020, he had competed in 3 full seasons of competitive racing in the premier Formula One tier (2013, 2014, 2016) but had finished inside the points-scoring position in only 1 race, the 2013 Japanese Grand Prix.
Featured Image by Esteban Gutiérrez / Instagram
Facts of Esteban Manuel Gutiérrez Gutiérrez
- Gender Male
- full nameEsteban Manuel Gutiérrez Gutiérrez
- nicknamesChosen One
- birthplaceMonterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico
- Date of Birth August 05, 1991
- Age 30 years 4 months
- Horoscope Leo
- Lucky Number 6
- Lucky Stone Ruby
- Lucky Color Gold
- Best Match for Marriage Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundMexican
- net worth$1 Million - $5 Million
- professionProfessional Racing Driver
- weight70 kg or 154.5 lbs
- height5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- hair colorDark Brown
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- motherClara Gutiérrez
- fatherRoberto Manuel Gutiérrez
- brothersAndrés Gutiérrez, Marcelo Gutierrez, Diego Gutierrez
- sistersClara Elena Gutiérrez