Eugene Levy is a Canadian comedic actor widely recognized for playing Noah Levenstein (Jim’s Dad) in all the American Pie films. It was primarily his creative input that crafted this character into an iconic role.
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Pacific Palisades, California, United States
- Augustine, Florida, United States
Eugene studied at Westdale Secondary School in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. To get his Bachelor’s degree, he enrolled in McMaster public research university in his home town.
Actor, Comedian, Executive Producer, Director, Writer, Voice-over Artist
- Father – Joseph Levy aka Joe (Automobile Plant Foreman)
- Mother – Rebecca Kudlats aka Betty
- Siblings – Fred Levy (Older Brother) (Business Owner, Producer)
- Others – Harold Kudlats (Maternal Uncle) (Music Promoter)
He is represented by –
- Edna Talent Management, Canada
- William Morris Endeavor, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eugene has dated –
- Deborah Divine (1977–Present) – Eugene’s wife works behind the scenes in the entertainment industry. She has formerly been credited as a screenwriter, production manager, and a producer. The couple got married in 1977 and have 2 children – a son named , who is an actor, writer, director, and producer and a daughter named Sarah Levy who is also an actress.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Bulgarian ancestry on his father’s side and Polish ancestry on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Thick, bushy eyebrows
- Has a distinct voice – deep but slightly nasal
- Always seen on screen with spectacles
- He was cast in a TV commercial for Diet Tab Cola in 1977.
- Eugene played the character of a ‘Devil’ in Seattle Seahawks NFL football TV and radio commercials in 2001.
- He appeared in the character of the director in Snickers candy bar TV commercial in 2016.
Eugene Levy Facts
- His first film job was getting cast as a coffee boy in the directorial debut of Ivan Reitman called Foxy Lady (1971). The movie also marked the debut of fellow veteran actress, Andrea Martin.
- Veteran comedians and Dave Thomas were Levy’s classmates in university.
- The actor shared that he does not like characters that require him to be vicious or mean. He often clarifies that he is not a comedian but a comedic actor who creates comedy with the oddities of his characters. A major number of his former roles include unusual supporting characters who appear to be nerds.
- Eugene was one of the chorus members in the 1985 charity single, Tears are not Enough recorded by Northern Lights to raise money for the famine in Ethiopia. It was included in We are the World (1985) album.
- One of Levy’s batch mates was Ivan Reitman, now acclaimed Hollywood director and producer. Eugene became the vice-president of the student film group called, McMaster Film Board and worked on several short films with Reitman. Both of them also worked together on their first 2 feature films.
- He is the only actor who got cast and featured in all the 8 American Pie.
- Levy was nearly cast in the role of Toby Ziegler in The West Wing (1999–2006). The producers changed their mind last minute as they found Richard Schiff more fitting for that role.
- In one interview, Eugene expressed his wish to work with Sir Anthony Hopkins in a comedy while admitting it is highly unlikely since the veteran actor is widely recognized for serious, dramatic work.
- He got a Razzie nomination for the “Worst Supporting Actor” for his roles in Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005) and The Man (2005).
- Eugene’s most recognized voice-over character is that of Dory’s father, Charlie in Finding Dory (2016).
- One of his social causes includes speaking for Autism awareness and treatment. Eugene is also a member of the Canadian charity called Artists against Racism.
- The actor was awarded the Governor General’s Performing Arts Award in 2008 which is Canada’s highest honor for performing artists.
- He was appointed to Canada’s second-highest honor for merit, the Order of Canada in June 2011.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / / CC BY-SA 2.0
Facts of Eugene Levy
- full nameEugene Levy
- Date of Birth December 17, 1946
- Age 74 years 11 months
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Lucky Number 4
- Lucky Stone Turquoise
- Lucky Color Orange
- Best Match for Marriage Leo, Aquarius
- weight77 kg
- height5 ft 10 in