Evan Adams is a Canadian actor, playwright, physician, and producer who is known for having been cast in several acting projects which include the likes of Smoke Signals, The Business of Fancydancing, Lost in the Barrens II: The Curse of the Viking Grave, Canada: A People’s History, Da Vinci’s Inquest, These Arms of Mine, Da Vinci’s City Hall, Unnatural & Accidental, Raven Tales, Hell on Wheels, and The New Adventures of the Black Stallion.
- Deep-set eyes
Evan Adams Facts
- He made his first film appearance by playing the role of Jacob in the action-drama film, Toby McTeague, in the year 1986.
- In January 1989, Evan Adams made his first TV show appearance by bringing to life the character of Indian Boy in an episode titled Davy Crockett: Guardian Spirit of the animated biographical drama series, The Magical World of Disney.
- In 1998, he starred as Thomas Builds-the-Fire in the Canadian-American independent comedy-drama film, Smoke Signals, alongside the likes of Adam Beach, , Gary Farmer, and Tantoo Cardinal. For this role, Evan Adams was honored as the First Americans in the Arts in the “Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Film” category in 1998 as well as won an Independent Spirit Award in the “Best Debut Performance” category in 1999.
- He was cast in the lead role of Seymour Polatkin in the drama music film, The Business of Fancydancing, in 2002 and his co-stars in the film included actors Michelle St. John, Gene Tagaban, Swil Kanim, and Rebecca Carroll. He was awarded a Los Angeles Outfest award in 2002 for his fine performance in the movie.
- Between 2005 and 2006, he portrayed the character of Councillor Jason Horne in several episodes of the drama television series, Da Vinci’s Inquest, whose lead cast comprised of actors Nicholas Campbell, Suleka Mathew, Sarah-Jane Redmond, Donnelly Rhodes, Venus Terzo, Camille Sullivan, Ian Tracey, Gwynyth Walsh, and Robert Wisden.
- As a producer, he has worked on a couple of projects such as Colonization Road and Kla Ah Men.
- Evan Adams became the Chief Medical Officer of the First Nations Health Authority in British Columbia on December 1, 2014.
- Over the years, he has worked extensively with First Nations health programs in Canada, especially on programs related to HIV/AIDS education and alcohol and drug abuse treatment.
- He has worked as a voiceover artist in a handful of projects which include Rez Carz and Newsworld Live.
Featured Image by Simon Fraser University / / CC BY 2.0
Facts of Evan Tlesla Adams
- Gender Male
- full nameEvan Tlesla Adams
- middle nameTlesla
- birthplaceSliammon First Nation, British Columbia, Canada
- Date of Birth November 15, 1966
- Age 55 years 0 months
- Horoscope Scorpio
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Garnet
- Lucky Color Purple
- Best Match for Marriage Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundCoast Salish Indian
- professionActor, Playwright, Physician, Producer
- weight67 kg or 147.5 lbs
- height5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
- hair colorSalt and Pepper
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- collegeUniversity of Calgary