Gary Clark Jr. is a renowned American musician, best known for his fusion of soul, blues, rock music with the elements of hip hop. This guitar god gained recognition in the early 2010s when he met the proprietor of Antone, namely, Clifford Antone. He is a Grammy winner with multiple awards to his name. Clark won the “Best Traditional R&B Performance” award for Please Come Home in 2014 and was nominated for Ain’t Messin Round in 2013. His album This Land blessed him with a Grammy for “Best Rock Song”, “Best Rock Performance”, and “Best Contemporary Blues Album” in 2020. Gary Clark Jr. has also given a number of live performances alongside famous musicians such as B.B. King, , , , and more.
Kyle, Texas, U.S.
This Grammy-nominated musician is represented by Scooter Weintraub and Pam Adams of W Management, Inc.
Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Trumpet, Keyboards, Harmonica
Hotwire Unlimited, Warner Bros
- Expressive eyes
- Often wears a hat
Gary Clark Jr. has appeared in a couple of Guitar Center Guitar-A-Thon TV commercials such as Martin and Yamaha Guitars, Gibson Les Paul models, Obsessed, Fender Stratocaster, and Delay Pedal and Strings.
He was also featured in other TV commercials such as Sonos and 2017 Lincoln Continental, Cord.
Best Known For
His collection of hats and guitars as well as his 2019 album This Land
Gary Clark Jr. Facts
- He owns a 50-acre horse ranch in Kyle, Texas. The question on Clark’s ownership of the ranch by his racist neighbor inspired him to write his popular song This Land.
- In his album Blak and Blu, Gary used Epiphone Casino through a Drop Tune pedal, a Super Fuzz, and an Analog Man Astro Tone pedal to get the funky soul with a heavy rock vibe. Most of the songs in this album are original compositions of Clark.
- The TV commercial Cord featuring the critically acclaimed artist Gary Clark Jr. was aired during the 59th annual Grammy Awards.
- This Grammy winner also stars in the John Varvatos’ new Indivisible campaign, which promotes inclusivity and unity.
- Back in his 20s, Gary enjoyed jamming with blues greats, Jimmie Vaughan and Bobby ‘Blue’ Bland.
- Clark got his first guitar when he was 12 in the year 1996 as a Christmas present from his parents. It was an Ibanez RX20, a black electric guitar and he still owns it. He also owns his first car 94 Sedan DeVille. He doesn’t like getting rid of anything he owns.
- Clark’s trademark accessory is a hat. He has countless of them and he likes picking up one wherever he travels. However, guitars are his most prized possession and named one of them Cassie. According to him, his originals that he had played for the longest are his most favorite ones.
- Clark was raised religious. He went to church every day but stopped later as he grew up.
Featured Image by Jørund F Pedersen / / CC BY-SA 3.0
Facts of Gary Lee Clark Jr.
- Gender Male
- full nameGary Lee Clark Jr.
- birthplaceAustin, Texas, U.S.
- Date of Birth February 15, 1984
- Age 37 years 9 months
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Lucky Number 3
- Lucky Stone Amethyst
- Lucky Color Turquoise
- Best Match for Marriage Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius
- ethnicity / ethnic backgroundAfrican-American
- net worth$4 million
- weight76 kg or 167.5 lbs
- height5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
- hair colorBlack
- eye colorDark Brown
- body type / buildSlim
- motherSandy Clark
- fatherGary Clark Sr.
- sistersShawn Clark, Savannah Clark